Graphics problem in FarCry 4

RadSalacan
Go to solution Solved by totjup5,

So I bought FC4 a couple days ago thinking that it must be a better experience than from when  it first launched and there were broken parts of it all over, but to my disappointment, I have a rather annoying one.  I'll load up the game and it will look perfect but then it's as if a single frame gets sort of "stuck" on the screen.  But only a portion of it...as if it's translucent.  I can still see and the game is playable but it just looks awful with that partial image still up there.  Is this a known issue?  Does anyone know what I can change to fix it?  All my rig info is in my profile and i'm running the most up to date drivers and using the geforce experience profile for the game.  If anyone has any suggestions please drop it my way.  Oh also I'm playing at 1440p.  Thanks in advance!

What you're talking about is texture ghosting. It's an issue that this game has with SLI. Specifically it is related to ambient occlusion and anti aliasing. If you completely max out ambient occlusion and anti-aliasing, or turn them off completely the issue will go away. I had the same issue while playing. The issue happened for me every time I accessed a menu or even the map, but the settings I told you about fixed it for me.

So I bought FC4 a couple days ago thinking that it must be a better experience than from when  it first launched and there were broken parts of it all over, but to my disappointment, I have a rather annoying one.  I'll load up the game and it will look perfect but then it's as if a single frame gets sort of "stuck" on the screen.  But only a portion of it...as if it's translucent.  I can still see and the game is playable but it just looks awful with that partial image still up there.  Is this a known issue?  Does anyone know what I can change to fix it?  All my rig info is in my profile and i'm running the most up to date drivers and using the geforce experience profile for the game.  If anyone has any suggestions please drop it my way.  Oh also I'm playing at 1440p.  Thanks in advance!

Maybe Far Cry 4 is just messed up, seems to run fine with me though with SLI the game acts very weird.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Maybe Far Cry 4 is just messed up, seems to run fine with me though with SLI the game acts very weird.

Ah, that never accured to me.  I'll drop down to a single card and see what happens.

What you're talking about is texture ghosting. It's an issue that this game has with SLI. Specifically it is related to ambient occlusion and anti aliasing. If you completely max out ambient occlusion and anti-aliasing, or turn them off completely the issue will go away. I had the same issue while playing. The issue happened for me every time I accessed a menu or even the map, but the settings I told you about fixed it for me.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

That fixed it.  Now I need to mess around and see what filters I can get away with having on.  Thanks.

That fixed it.  Now I need to mess around and see what filters I can get away with having on.  Thanks.

No problem man, glad I could help.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|