Kraken x61 AIO question/mod idea?

So my Kraken cpu block light always shows a pink light 90% of the time and sometimes red. I've heard that it resembles cpu temp but I have Aida64 running in the background most the time and it never shows that my cpu is really hot by any means, I think under a full load it runs roughly 52℃ which I think is ok? This is with a rookie overclock (first time doing it) at 4.7GHz and 1.2 volts. My cpu is an I7 4970k.

What I was wondering is, had anyone tried changing the light so that it puts off a different color? Or is there a way to just shut of the light? It puts off a pinkish color that doesn't look very good at all...

Thanks for any input you guys can give me :)

52C isnt hot at all...seems kinda low to me

try using different programs to see if they all give you the same temps

you can install NZXT CAM to control the light of your kraken LED, or turn it off completely

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Dude, the CAM software, NZXT have suggested you download it on the box. Anyway, you can basically monitor all things NZXT with it.

Do you have any other programs you'd suggest I try that monitor both cpu and gpu temps? I thought my cpu heat was low also but I talked to Asus and they said that I might have gotten lucky with my cpu and got a cherry picked one.

But I agree that more tests the better, or even try overclocking it a bit more. I have the CAM software installed but I didn't see an area showing different light colors. I'm also not very fond of the software personally.

I also used Noctua F-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 PWM fans with the cooler instead of the stock fans if that made any difference.

I own a kraken x61 and the NZXT CAM software is the only way you can change the led colors. You can customize two colors; one for temps below a certain threshold and one above. If you don't use that software, you will loose that functionality. There is also no way of turning off the led, the closest is changing it to a dark blue. You can also download AI Suite from ASUS to both monitor and control your temps & fans.