Making AIO cpu coolers look better

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

its anti-kink coils for watercooling tubing

https://www.dazmode.com/store/category/tube_coils/

Hi there!

I want to start by apologising if this thread, or any like it, already exist but I haven't found one despite looking hard for it.

I have seen pics on google where people have wrapped some kind of wire around the tubing on their AIO water cooler like so:

bfa512ec_IMGP63302.jpeg

What kind of material is it? And where can one get it?

Thanks beforehand

~Cupcakez

its anti-kink coils for watercooling tubing

https://www.dazmode.com/store/category/tube_coils/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What kind of material is it? And where can one get it?

Thanks beforehand

~Cupcakez

I think that is something that comes with the AIO cooler already installed. 

Edit.: Nope, I was wrong :P

Stupid question: but how do you get them on there? Roll em up turn by turn? :D

Yup. Pretty time consuming. Make sure you do your research. Find out the OD of your AIO tubing, then get one size larger kink coil. You will have to take the AIO outof your chassis and do it turn by turn.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

here is some ideas i did on an old H100:

painted the fan blades of the stock fans

painted the hold down brackets

applied vinyl wrap (carbon fiber) to the controller and radiator

Stupid question: but how do you get them on there? Roll em up turn by turn? :D

yes, unless you want to risk taking the tubing off, which shouldnt be done on a AiO

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Another mean to make it look better is to buy bigger tubing (the color that you want) over the existing one, just did this on my H110. You might wan't to check that too.  :)