First personal build, crash and burn.

nubcake22

Hello friends. I'm having difficulty trouble shooting my new build and I'm unsure what else to try. The issue is that when I went to turn on the computer, nothing happened. The motherboard has power as shown by LEDs (not error LED's) and the GPU has two LEDs showing signs of life as well. I looked through many of the connections and I didn't see anything strange, however I'm new to this. (I swear I checked the power cords to the motherboard/CPU)  I've built a couple simple computers in the past but some things have changed. If possible, try to explain using small words as if I'm and idiot due to the fact that I am one in this subject. 

Did you connect the wires coming out of your case to your motherboard? (HD audio power LED etc) 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Hello friends. I'm having difficulty trouble shooting my new build and I'm unsure what else to try. The issue is that when I went to turn on the computer, nothing happened. The motherboard has power as shown by LEDs (not error LED's) and the GPU has two LEDs showing signs of life as well. I looked through many of the connections and I didn't see anything strange, however I'm new to this. (I swear I checked the power cords to the motherboard/CPU)  I've built a couple simple computers in the past but some things have changed. If possible, try to explain using small words as if I'm and idiot due to the fact that I am one in this subject. 

Follow your topics 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Please please please please PLEASE check your motherboard CPU compatibility list, sounds pretty much like the processor is not compatible or maybe you need a BIOS update to fully support the CPU even tho you didnt mention what MB/CPU are you using. Please, keep us updated and welcome to the forums!

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1

I'm pretty sure Dexter's dad just nailed it, I was just looking into this. My CPU and motherboard are Intel Core i7-4930k Ivy Bridge-E 6-core 3.4 GHz and the Asus x79 Deluxe. Looking deeper into I think I see a bios update in my future. This should solve it?

I'm pretty sure Dexter's dad just nailed it, I was just looking into this. My CPU and motherboard are Intel Core i7-4930k Ivy Bridge-E 6-core 3.4 GHz and the Asus x79 Deluxe. Looking deeper into I think I see a bios update in my future. This should solve it?

Yep you need bios update. You can flash the Bios from a Memory stick on that board its very easy. You can download the Bios file from the Asus product page and then rename it to X79-DELUXE on your memory stick.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Wow, you guys are awesome. I expected this to be answered in the morning! I feel that I'll enjoy this community.

If there is a BIOS update, dont even think about it: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X79DELUXE/HelpDesk_Download/

there you go, update to 0902, thats the latest and greates BIOS for your MB, check your manual for the correct procedure to update your BIOS

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1

Alright, I just got home and downloaded the file corresponding to my CPU to an empty hard drive. I looked in the motherboards user manual and followed the instructions including renaming the file. I plugged the flashdrive into the correct port, started the flashback process, and the lights flashed accordingly. This however did not solve the problem. Any other sugguestions?

(Everything seemed to go well with the process)