nVidia's GK110 Series -- Rumored Tesla Card

Silentknight

• CPU - Intel x79 3820 @ 4.30 Ghz || Motherboard - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme || RAM - 16GB Corsair Dominator 1866 Mhz 4x4 || GPU - EVGA GTX 680 SLI (2x)

• Case - CM HAF-X || Storage - Corsair SSD 120GB/60GB WD 1TB Black || PSU - Corsair HX1050 || Display(s) - 3x@ 24" 1x Auxillary 19" || Cooling - Corsair H100

Keyboard - Mionix Zibal 60 || Mouse - Logitech G602

Link to what will hopefully be the first consumer based Tesla card ! http://www.techpowerup.com/179090/NV...tan-quot-.html

it will be very expensive and put alot of heat and power usage only for the dedicated enthusiast if this is the only thing nvidia is desperate for there in big trouble amd will have something twice as nice for half the price.

and if you pay attention every amd rebrand or so called is another year of research and making ever component amazing this is why nvidia had employees over there steal info nvidia is scared and putting out all they can to destroy amd's business.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

("I'm a Fanboy of Everything")
| CPU - i5-4670K @ 4.8ghz | CPU Cooler - Antec Kühler H2O 620 | GPU(S) - BIOS MODDED Twin GTX 770 4gb (Gigabyte)-master (Zotac)-slave @ 1337/2000 (8000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Ram - 8gb Gskill RipjawsX @ 1866Mhz | Monitor - Samsung 27" 550 1080p 75Hz | Keyboard - Razer Black-Widow Ultimate 2013 | Storage - 2x 1TB WD-Blacks' | Mouse - AzzA Mouse Would Say "SQUEEKSQUEEK"|

SECONDARY RADEON PC

| CPU - A10-6800K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler - CM Hyper EVO 212 | GPU(S) Twin Radeon 270x 2gb @ 1115/1500 (6000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 | PSU - Logisys 750W | Ram - 8gb @ 1600mhz | Moniter - Acer 24'' 1080p 60Hz

AMD_Nemesis you make 0 sense.

Nvidia is working on project Maxwell right now.

The GK110 was originally supposed to be the 680. And every other card shifted down. But due to the Kepler architecture complex internal design for it's size, it makes it challenging for Nvidia processor manufacture to produce it. So they decided to to keep the GK110 for later and focus on the GK107 and lower end models. Despite the switch, Nvidia still was unable to meet demands, due to low output of GPUs. Hence why at release (and remember that the GPU were done before that) the 600 series had for month trouble to be found in store as delivery was small to manufactures to make teh PCB and ship it to stores.. Now it's better.

However, the GK110 still suffer. Nvidia decided to make the most logical choice: Fill Tesla and Quadro demands, over trying to make a GeForce out of it.

Tesla and Quadro are the main revenue for Nvidia. GeForce are the cards that brings the least amount of money to Nvidia, profits are low. And Nvidia has a nice back log of order for Nvidia latest Tesla GPU, so it makes sense to complete that, which bring thousands of dollars to Nvidia per card. BY THE WAY, this is exactly the same situation for AMD. AMD makes most of its money from it's FireGL line of card than Radeon, that is why AMD doesn't care selling their GPU for nothing. It's just a few percentage point in revenue. As clearly an AMD fan you are (and that is fine), you should know this.

And if you don't beleive me, why do you think Nvidia made CUDA? and purchased PhysX? Sure, Nvidia pushed a bit PhysX into gaming.. I mean why not? How wouldn't? But, its not for gaming.. it's for simulation, CAD related programs, and massive calculations, which can't have any error, so ECC memory and lots of error correcting system put in place for both AMD and Nvidia "business/research" cards, and both are designed with much higher components to under heavy load and heat 24/7. All this cost a lot of money, businesses and research facilities are willing to pay. You, and me, not so much.

The power usage of Tesla isn't big, it consumes more than the current 600 series, but it's a very power efficient design, which was the main focus of Kepler. This is why companies really want this GPU. Not only it's more powerful, but create much less heat and consumes much less power than Tesla and Quadro using Fermi.

AMD rebrand is on laptops, and it makes perfect sense. Nvidia already did this. The reason is simple, you don't see AMD or Nvidia graphic card on laptops anymore. Why? Because, they have a free GPU from AMD and Intel built-in into the processor. So now, if you want a dedicated graphic card it's portable gaming systems or nothing. Why? Because these companies, as they are public, always need to show a continuous growth, with not only reaching goals, but surpass them, else the stock goes to the toilet.

Hence why laptop and desktop computer are getting more and more doll, cheaper and cheaper wuality, and warranty service is lower and lower, every few years.

Now this might change with Dell going private.. for Dell, and IF and ONLY IF, they decide not to dump making PC's, which I think Microsoft is trying to avoid hence their interest in helping Dell out. This would make Dell in the coming years (it will take time before you see this), possibly re-work it's image, make exiting products like before, focus on quality and service. It will raise the prices of Dell systems, and be a loss for a few years, but in the end they will be seen like Apple computers are seen now. Quality, solid product that always works. And people will be willing to pay the premium price for. If they manage to fit a hot early generation Core 2 Duo, with a hot med-low range dedcaited graphic card in 12inch, small (at the time), and thin (at the time) laptop, metal construct, and manage it to make it quiet, and have 9 hours of battery life (I kid you not), why is it impossible to do this now, with FAR cooler and more efficient processors?

Anyway, my point is that you dont' see dedcaited graphic cards, so why invest millions in making a laptop version of thier GPU? Just rename them to please OEMs, and voila. More money and engineers could be used on focusing on the next generation of desktop graphic cards.

oh and Nvidia is really not in trouble at all. Nvidia GeForce Tesla and Quadro sales very well. AMD not so much, but they have all 3 console, so it's big money for them later on.

how do you know its almost as cool and uses the same power do you own one ? no stats were released on temps.

what do you mean by console they have only one coming up and xbox's are full amd more xboxs and were bought than all the nvidia gpus even shipped at that time and it will soon happen again with the 720 and the supposed ps4 amd switch that is why nvidia came up with shield consoles naturally sell more than pcs as it saves money.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

("I'm a Fanboy of Everything")
| CPU - i5-4670K @ 4.8ghz | CPU Cooler - Antec Kühler H2O 620 | GPU(S) - BIOS MODDED Twin GTX 770 4gb (Gigabyte)-master (Zotac)-slave @ 1337/2000 (8000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Ram - 8gb Gskill RipjawsX @ 1866Mhz | Monitor - Samsung 27" 550 1080p 75Hz | Keyboard - Razer Black-Widow Ultimate 2013 | Storage - 2x 1TB WD-Blacks' | Mouse - AzzA Mouse Would Say "SQUEEKSQUEEK"|

SECONDARY RADEON PC

| CPU - A10-6800K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler - CM Hyper EVO 212 | GPU(S) Twin Radeon 270x 2gb @ 1115/1500 (6000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 | PSU - Logisys 750W | Ram - 8gb @ 1600mhz | Moniter - Acer 24'' 1080p 60Hz

how do you know its almost as cool and uses the same power do you own one ? no stats were released on temps.

Because, the architecture of the Tesla GPU (GK110) is similar to the GK107.

what do you mean by console they have only one coming up and xbox's are full amd more xboxs and were bought than all the nvidia gpus even shipped at that time and it will soon happen again with the 720 and the supposed ps4 amd switch that is why nvidia came up with shield consoles naturally sell more than pcs as it saves money.

I meant that the next XBox, PS4 and currently the WiiU will/have an AMD GPU.

Yes, this is why Nvidia announced project Shield.