How's this for a start?

So I decided to start folding last night even with my sub-par graphics cards, and after less than 24 hours I've almost hit 10,000 Points. Now I'm really not sure how this stacks up, but I'm pleased either way to be contributing to a worthy cause. Hopefully once I drop the 7770's for a 980 or one of the new AMD high end cards when they are released I'll be golden on the GPU sides, as I don't think either one of them have completed a WU yet lol.

Also, I tried joining the LTT team using the number on the F@H website, but my profile still shows me on the default. Did I screw up somehow?

Profile: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=ProdigyzMined

Project Tomahawk:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz

GPU: Asus Strix RX 480

PSU: Corsair RM1000

Storage: 2x Western Digital 2TB Enterprise + 240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Case: Corsair Air 540

Additional: Cablemod C-Series black/red kit, SP120, AF140 and AF140 w/ red LED's all around

Project Frankenstein:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX 6100

Motherboard: MSI 970 SLI Krait Edition

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 Mhz

GPU: MSI R9 280 3G Twin Frozr

PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W

Storage: Western Digital 1TB Enterprise + 240GB Partiot Torch SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define S

Sheila (Server):

Spoiler

Dell R210:
CPU: Intel Xeon x3450

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600 Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation 

Marvin (Server)

Spoiler

Dell R210ii

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600Mhz

Hey man! Its awesome that you are contributing :)   Dont worry buddy, you are part of the team. You can use http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ to check for personal as well as team stats that are updated more regularly than the F@H Stanford site.
You are here:   http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=672080   (Click on your name to view your place in the team).   Welcome!

Note: Nicknames in FAH are NOT unique, which means that there can be more than one person with same nickname.

So if someone else has your same nickname, both of your (your and his) contributions will be associated to the same name.

Create a passkey to have a unique way to distinguish yourself.

PS: I don't know details but it seems against the rules to use the same nickname as someone else, so if by searching your nickname you find results that doesn't belong to you, then change your nickname (you can change it anytime) and then make a passkey with that nickname.

Just to be sure to not mess with other people ^^

So I decided to start folding last night even with my sub-par graphics cards, and after less than 24 hours I've almost hit 10,000 Points. Now I'm really not sure how this stacks up, but I'm pleased either way to be contributing to a worthy cause. Hopefully once I drop the 7770's for a 980 or one of the new AMD high end cards when they are released I'll be golden on the GPU sides, as I don't think either one of them have completed a WU yet lol.

Also, I tried joining the LTT team using the number on the F@H website, but my profile still shows me on the default. Did I screw up somehow?

Profile: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=ProdigyzMined

Atleast you have 2. I guess tehre is either someone with your name on there, or it shows stats before and after joining LinusTechTips_Team

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

Update: After 48 hours of folding I'm almost at 100,000 points (88,755 to be exact) with 78,914 going to the LinusTechTips team! Extremely pleased. Both 7770's finished up their WU's for almost 65,000 points alone. Wonder how it'll be with a REAL graphics card. Exciting stuff.

Project Tomahawk:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz

GPU: Asus Strix RX 480

PSU: Corsair RM1000

Storage: 2x Western Digital 2TB Enterprise + 240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Case: Corsair Air 540

Additional: Cablemod C-Series black/red kit, SP120, AF140 and AF140 w/ red LED's all around

Project Frankenstein:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX 6100

Motherboard: MSI 970 SLI Krait Edition

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 Mhz

GPU: MSI R9 280 3G Twin Frozr

PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W

Storage: Western Digital 1TB Enterprise + 240GB Partiot Torch SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define S

Sheila (Server):

Spoiler

Dell R210:
CPU: Intel Xeon x3450

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600 Mhz

Marvin (Server)

Spoiler

Dell R210ii

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600Mhz

If you care for folding (and for your money) you should get 2 290xs as opposed to a 980...

I get about 180000 PPD with an R9 290 :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If you care for folding (and for your money) you should get 2 290xs as opposed to a 980...

I get about 180000 PPD with an R9 290 :)

I don't know. I myself am looking at 970's due to lower power consumption and heat output.

For general gaming the 290's are great for the price. But after folding for a couple of month's the higher consumption of those cards will cost more in the longer run.

I don't know. I myself am looking at 970's due to lower power consumption and heat output.

For general gaming the 290's are great for the price. But after folding for a couple of month's the higher consumption of those cards will cost more in the longer run.

How about using a 780?

Because he had a hard drive.

Usually the power savings amount to little more than a few pennies. And right now my pc is heating the room no problem, meaning I don't need to pay as much for heat :)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Usually the power savings amount to little more than a few pennies. And right now my pc is heating the room no problem, meaning I don't need to pay as much for heat :)

But more to cool when it's warm out :)

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

But more to cool when it's warm out :)

True, although I fixed that by leaving the windows open last summer :) I wasn't folding back then though.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

How about using a 780?

If it's something you're already using, then I wouldn't sweat it. The 780 uses a bit less power than a 290. Around 30~70W less.

The 970's gives you a really nice PPD (higher than a 290), with maybe 100 watts lower power consumption.