cpu for illustrator and photoshop.

Tocsin_786

my uncle owns a printing business and got some office space from one of his partners warehouse/printing press. we went to bestbuy to look for a cheap pc that can run photoshop and illustrator. he asked if i can build one instead for a much cheaper price than 600 bucks. he always complained about how slow hdd's are and so i told him that i can definitely make him proud. hes not that tech savvy and i wanted him to have a speedy start up pc so i put in a 500gb ssd in there that took 40% of the budget, i was considering building a pc with a core i3 and what not, it would have gone over budget so i decided to see if i can build one using an AMD A10. did i make a right choice here? can the A10 run illustrator and photoshop, i have a gpu laying around so ram wont be an issue. 

its not some crazy special pc that he is running CAD on, he has an imac at home for heavy stuff. this is just a "home away from home" thing where its bearable to run. (its gonna be snappier than the mac due to the ssd, hopefully he gets rid of the mac and has be build a baller pc for him as well. ) 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

The A10 should run photoshop just fine I would think. If you could give a more detailed list of what components you are using that would be great.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

The A10 should run photoshop just fine I would think. If you could give a more detailed list of what components you are using that would be great.

these are the main components. i also have 4 gigs of ram laying around and will increase that sometime next month. and i have a gt 210 gpu which can run the sims 3 on low pretty well. 

post-6352-0-83845500-1424033761.jpg

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

"i have a gpu laying around so ram wont be an issue."

As long as he isn't 3d rendering that should be fine.

well we all know how the APU's can be with dat ram. 

Why not go for an fx-6300 over the A10 if you have dedicated gpu?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Why not go for an fx-6300 over the A10 if you have dedicated gpu?

when i ordered the parts is when i remembered i have a gt 210 around somewhere. i did consider a core i3 option but it was gonna be expensive, and the am3 platform is dying so i didnt give it much thought. 

when i ordered the parts is when i remembered i have a gt 210 around somewhere. i did consider a core i3 option but it was gonna be expensive, and the am3 platform is dying so i didnt give it much thought. 

fm2 has been dying a lot longer than am3 though. Might be worth considering especially since you won't be able to fully utilise the apu since you are using an nvidia graphics card so the graphics cores on the a10 will just be sitting idle the whole time.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

fm2 has been dying a lot longer than am3 though. Might be worth considering especially since you won't be able to fully utilise the apu since you are using an nvidia graphics card so the graphics cores on the a10 will just be sitting idle the whole time.

i also bought the cooler master elite 110, and that case doesnt look like it has enough clearance for anything let alone a gpu with that big psu just hanging right over the cpu cooler, im still not sure yet what to do. 

i also bought the cooler master elite 110, and that case doesnt look like it has enough clearance for anything let alone a gpu with that big psu just hanging right over the cpu cooler, im still not sure yet what to do. 

You'll have more than enough clearance for that gpu in that case. Gt210 is nice and compact.. unless you choose to go with something else.

You'll have more than enough clearance for that gpu in that case. Gt210 is nice and compact.. unless you choose to go with something else.

i guess im canceling the order. have you noticed how expensive itx boards are for amd like whats up with that. the lga 1150 msi board is like 40 bucks cheaper and comes with more features. 

A10 will be fine. Photoshop and Illustrator don't really take too much. 8 Gigs of RAM would be good especially if he will run photoshop and illustrator at the same time.

i have 4 gigs just laying around imma add some later on through the month when i get my own money. ill buy my uncle ram with my money. 

Remember to use the 64-bit version of Photoshop! Going to be using OpenGL in the advance settings?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^