One gpu mining one gaming?

Go to solution Solved by RuecanOnRails,

Yes this can be done easily.

Using CGminer, with it set up for both GPU's when you want to mine simply press the following "G, D, 0, Enter" that will go to the gpu config, then disable menu, and you select either 0 or 1 based on which gpu is your primary monitor hooked up to. This will stop mining on your primary gpu and allow you to game or do whatever. After you're done gaming and want to go back to mining on both cards simply change the D to an E for enable.

Takes only a second to enable/disable a gpu and allow you to do whatever you want.

*Applies only to NON crossfire cards. If you are using crossfire you will need to stop mining on both cards.

I'm thinking about getting another 7970, for litecoin mining, could I game with one while the other keeps mining?

Yes.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Using CGminer, with it set up for both GPU's when you want to mine simply press the following "G, D, 0, Enter" that will go to the gpu config, then disable menu, and you select either 0 or 1 based on which gpu is your primary monitor hooked up to. This will stop mining on your primary gpu and allow you to game or do whatever. After you're done gaming and want to go back to mining on both cards simply change the D to an E for enable.

Takes only a second to enable/disable a gpu and allow you to do whatever you want.

*Applies only to NON crossfire cards. If you are using crossfire you will need to stop mining on both cards.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Yep, I believe its possible. However, you would probably get more for your money if you mined with both GPUs

Yea I would mine with both when not playing games.

Could you use this to mine and fold at the same time?

Could you use this to mine and fold at the same time?

I don't see why not. You might slow your mining down if you fold on your CPU as well. But folding on the other gpu should work fine. Might take a little bit of configuring but should work without much of a hassle. If you launch CGminer using a .bat file you can add in the -d 0 parameter which will launch cgminer with only gpu in slot 0 enabled.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I would have one mining and one gaming whilst in use and if you have good air flow, switch to both mining and keep your pc on over night, should get some of the best performance out there for a mining pc, assuming you have a cool rig that is 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat