LED Controller affect system stability?

Go to solution Solved by AddonCustoms,

I havent tested this myself. You might want to buy a little more beefier LED controller like this one: http://modguru.net/product/rf-rgb-controller/

PLEASE STOP.

every topic, every day. Someone mentions LED's and you jump on it advertising your products, when it isn't even giving him an answer.

LOOK AT THE IMAGE!!! Your controller isn't compatible with his LED strip. If he wanted a remote control he would have got a remote control and not an inline controller.

I bought this cheap "LED Controller" thingy.

It is switching rather slow at about 300Hz, do you think the on/off switching could cause distortion in the 12v rail which affects the system stability?

attachicon.gifIMG_4837.jpeg

I would be very surprised if it causing an issue. I have been testing these inline controllers for about 6 months and never had an issue.

It is switching rather slow at about 300Hz, do you think the on/off switching could cause distortion in the 12v rail which affects the system stability?

post-160594-0-08377100-1423937390.jpeg

I havent tested this myself. You might want to buy a little more beefier LED controller like this one: http://modguru.net/product/rf-rgb-controller/

PLEASE STOP.

every topic, every day. Someone mentions LED's and you jump on it advertising your products, when it isn't even giving him an answer.

LOOK AT THE IMAGE!!! Your controller isn't compatible with his LED strip. If he wanted a remote control he would have got a remote control and not an inline controller.

I would be very surprised if it causing an issue. I have been testing these inline controllers for about 6 months and never had an issue.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

300Hz PWM frequency for LED's are fairly good since you want it to be >200Hz to not notice any type of flickering in the lights themselves, as for distortion I'm not too sure about that wouldn't the 12V line be just supplying and not affected since the switching is done by a micro controller. 

PLEASE STOP.

We are refrencing to a beefier controller such as ours. 

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever

We are refrencing to a beefier controller such as ours. 

Yes but it is not compatible, you run a store selling LEDs and Controllers you should be able to see why it isn't compatible. 

Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Could you add a picture of the LED strip?

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever

Yes but it is not compatible, you run a store selling LEDs and Controllers you should be able to see why it isn't compatible. 

Just to mention those are compatible if you are using either SMD 5050 or SMD 3258 LED's even if they aren't RGB, you'll have to pin them differently and they would lack a few of the lighting modes is all.

Just to mention those are compatible if you are using either SMD 5050 or SMD 3258 LED's even if they aren't RGB, you'll have to pin them differently and they would lack a few of the lighting modes is all.

I know I run a LED store, but the average person will not want to, or know how to get it to work. Plus there is no need to buy a RGB remote for a single colour strip, there are controllers for single colours.

You can tell by the inline remote that it is a single colour strip.

I am sorry for my public posts here, I am just annoyed @ Modguru, Long story not going into it, but he has annoyed me and a few others that run stores, and facebook groups

Addon Customs -

I have had a friend using the same inline controller for about a year and a half with no issues. The slightly bigger versions with the RF controller are "probably" not much better, and I have been using those for the same amount of time with no issues. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

SMD 3528

post-160594-0-79119500-1424012883.jpg

So I don't need an RGB controller also I don't need a remote control.

Thanks to all for the replies. 

post-160594-0-79119500-1424012883.jpg