My first build. Opinions needed!

randomjuicebox

Hey guys, alright I'm looking to build my first gaming pc, I dont have the most extensive knowledge of all things pc but im learning and am confident i can do this! I have a general idea of what parts I will be using(will post below). what i need from you guys with that luscious experience just help me tweak it so i have something that works, wont throttle, is all compatible and when i have more money and knowledge i can upgrade.

So far since im going more on the budget side(i would like to keep it under $1000 AUD not including OS) due to life things im looking at an amd orientated build because its seems cheaper from what ive gathered. Although if an intel build that is somewhat powerful and under the price limit i shown to me i would consider that aswell. I dont expect something that is budget to be able to run everything out now and the following year in ultra 60 fps 1080p.

So far my build has everything except an after market cooler, motherboard and gpu.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=404102&action=wish_lists

i think the psu should be sufficient right? :S

For the motherboard im considering these; 
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=408810&action=wish_lists

For the GPU - 
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=408811&action=wish_lists

as you can see that $200-$270 mark is where id like it to be, the 280x there is more if you guys could fit it in.

Lastly for cpu cooling ill leave that up to you guys, i wont be overclocking unless the included parts have software like msi where it does it for me.

yeah so give me your thoughts! :D

oh yeah, programs you guys use ot moniter your rigs and first boot tips are also needed.

Hi, so i spend some time putting something together for you. 

I came up with some builds, for with and without ssd (they are pricy you see).

The one without ssd is without a doubt the most powerfull, ofcourse this does mean that you dont get the fast boot times an ssd gives but its up to you to consider if thats something thats really important to you, i just supply you the option :). i was able to fit in the 280x which is an absolutely awsome card for 1080p gaming and a very nice proccecor, significantly better than the 6300 from your list but this is also where most of the budget from the ssd went. The zalman case is very good too, comes with 4 pre-installed 120mm fans, 1front 1 back and 2 on top. I also added a hyper 212 Evo. Its a really good cpu cooler and will for sure keep your cpu cool without being really expensive. This cooler is one of the, if not the, most popular and best bang for buck cpu cooler available. It even beats a lot of the coolers that are somewhat more expensive.

I left out the anti static thingy, i mean its just not neccecery. most builders wont use it. just touch a metal part from your desk or the metal parts of your case before you start building and maybe during builing a couple of times if your worried. I just do it before i start and never killed a thing, but i understand if you wanna be carefull and do it more often, it costs nothing :).

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/PNPHsY

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($195.00 @ CPL Online) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($47.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  ($119.00 @ IJK) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($94.00 @ IJK) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.00 @ CPL Online) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($325.00 @ Umart) 
Case: Zalman Z3 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.00 @ CPL Online) 
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 700W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($89.00 @ Umart) 
Total: $997.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-15 06:50 EST+1100

Now if you are confident you need an ssd you can do 2 things.
Lower your cpu or gpu. 
Also with these 2 builds you could get G.Skill Ripjaws memory running at 1866mhz instead of 1600 within budget, not that the difference will be massive but you can.
I put them in, but you dont have to its not neccecary. Its something id personally do if its within my budget though i would break my budget for it.

By lowering your cpu to a 6300 you will be exactly at your budget,
Here is a link to the same build but with ssd and 6300: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/dRT9vK

By lowerin your gpu to a r9 280 you stay 6 dollars under budget.
Here is a link to the build with ssd and r9 280: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/TCzg4D

Let me know if you have more questions :)

My rig. Case & psu: evga hadron air. Cpu: Intel i5 4690k. Gpu: MSI gtx970 4gd5 OC. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-z97n gaming 3. Ram: 2x4gb Crucial Balistics Tactical @ 1866mhz. Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B se2. Ssd: Crucial mx100 512gb.

If that's your max budget, go with intel, you got the room.

Yeah de if he gets a weak gpu. U probably are thinking in us pricing, but in austrapia stuff is so expensive. Believe me, i tried fitting an i5 4690. Anyway this cpu does all he needs plus some and is priced within budget.

My rig. Case & psu: evga hadron air. Cpu: Intel i5 4690k. Gpu: MSI gtx970 4gd5 OC. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-z97n gaming 3. Ram: 2x4gb Crucial Balistics Tactical @ 1866mhz. Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B se2. Ssd: Crucial mx100 512gb.

This would be way better and you do not need an aftermarket cooler here:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($243.00 @ Centre Com)
Motherboard: MSI H97M-E35 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($99.00 @ IJK)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($92.00 @ IJK)
Storage: OCZ ARC 100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($75.00 @ PLE Computers)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.00 @ IJK)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($259.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.00 @ CPL Online)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($105.00 @ IJK)
Total: $991.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-15 19:35 EST+1100

Drop the SSD if you need to save money.  You can pick one up later.