Another Emergency

wjm22400

Well I'm back again and I'm trying to boot up my computer for the first time.... Well the front of my case flashes and then turns of..... What do I do

Well I'm back again and I'm trying to boot up my computer for the first time.... Well the front of my case flashes and then turns of..... What do I do

check that your ram is pushed in all the way and it clicks

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Well first you could list us all your pc's components.

Be sure to check every connection too.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

check that your ram is pushed in all the way and it clicks

I did and it clicked and I even moved slots

Well first you could list us all your pc's components.

Be sure to check every connection too.

Everything is connected

Its plugged in

Disassemble the whole thing and reassemble it. If it doesn't work, something's dead.

Disassemble the whole thing and reassemble it. If it doesn't work, something's dead.

But that's the thing is the power light comes on and the fan turns a little but then stops

Something is either not plugged in or something is broken.

But that's the thing is the power light comes on and the fan turns a little but then stops

Power will still come on if the 24 pin is connected.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Something is either not plugged in or something is broken.

Power will still come on if the 24 pin is connected.

So what do I do?

So what do I do?

Make sure everything is connected properly. HDDs, Motherboard, PSU, Front I/O, CPU, Graphics card is in PCI-E slot properly ect...

Also, reseat the memory to make sure it's all in properly. Line it up the right way after unclipping it and push until it clicks.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

have you done a bios reset. sounds to me like like a protectiom messure. 

and please post your full hardware specs.

So what do I do?

As it has been said, reseat everything, check everything. If you're sure everything is where it needs to be, and it still won't boot, something is dead.

have you done a bios reset. sounds to me like like a protectiom messure.

and please post your full hardware specs.

How do I do a bios reset?

Here is my hardware

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For $0.00)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (Purchased For $0.00)

Memory: Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Red 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (Purchased For $0.00)

Storage: Sandisk Solid State Drive 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (Purchased For $0.00)

Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $0.00)

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $0.00)

Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor ($129.98 @ OutletPC)

Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150PCe 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter (Purchased For $0.00)

Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 39.9 CFM 120mm Fans (Purchased For $0.00)

Case Fan: Aerocool DS 140mm Red 93.4 CFM 140mm Fan (Purchased For $0.00)

Case Fan: Aerocool DS 140mm Red 93.4 CFM 140mm Fan (Purchased For $0.00)

Keyboard: Logitech G15 Wired Standard Keyboard (Purchased For $0.00)

Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 Wired Optical Mouse ($53.46 @ Amazon)

Speakers: Logitech Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers (Purchased For $0.00)

Total: $183.44

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-14 01:13 EST-0500

How do I do a bios reset?

Here is my hardware

As it has been said, reseat everything, check everything. If you're sure everything is where it needs to be, and it still won't boot, something is dead.

The fox....girl...child thing?? Is right, if this is your first time you will learn that a lot of troubleshooting is trial and error.

The fox....girl...child thing?? Is right, if this is your first time you will learn that a lot of troubleshooting is trial and error.

But if somthing is dead how will I know

Try unplugging everything but 1 stick of RAM, your MOBO and your CPU (and whatever you are cooling it with). If you can, take your MOBO out of the case since it is possible your case screws could be a cause of your problems (though unlikely). You can set your MOBO on the cardbox box it was packaged in. Connect your MOBO to the PSU and see if everything boots up. I believe your CPU has onboard graphics so at the very least you can see if it is an issue with one of those 3 parts.

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

Sounds stupid but, could it be the power switch is not working properly? Perhaps PSU failure too?

Don't get mad, get even...

Trial and error, if it's ram test each module individually. Unplug everything else that isn't required, optical drives, HDDs/SSDs, graphics cards just as @hitsu1 said.

Sounds stupid but, could it be the power switch is working properly? Perhaps PSU failure too?

Doesn't sound stupid, PSU may be dead but he/she needs to test other things first.

if you have another computer you can plug your drives into it will narrow it down a bit

wait I think I see the problem you might have to update the bios on your board

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

wait I think I see the problem you might have to update the bios on your board

How do I do that

How do I do that

depends on the specific board so check the manual