Help with reservoir/pump combo mounting options

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the 170 photon reservoir with DDC pump. I'm debating how its going to mount in my corsair 750D case.

Here is the link for the pump/res: http://www.xs-pc.com/water-pumps/ddc-photon-170-reservoirpump-combo

I also want to know how people go about mounting these tube reservoirs in cases, as there are no official instructions I'm guessing it's just a modding where it fits thing. I would get a dual bay res but I have a blu-ray drive that I don't want to lose, I also like the look and accessibility of a tube res.

Here is a pic of what I have mounted in the bottom corner of my case:

wzByY8U.jpg?1

Also anyone have any general thoughts or recommendations on the kit I might be going for:

http://www.xs-pc.com/watercooling-kits-ddc-pump/raystorm-ddc-photon-rx360-v3-watercooling-kit

System specs just in case:

i7 2600k
G1 gaming gtx 970 from gigabyte
ASRock Z77 pro 4 motherboard
16GB of corsair vengeance ram
Corsair 750D case
Etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

it comes with a bracket that you screw into the case anywhere you can fit it.

reservoir-bracket.jpg?format=1500w

I would probably put it right behind your video card or next/on top of to the second grommet on the bottom

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

it comes with a bracket that you screw into the case anywhere you can fit it.

reservoir-bracket.jpg?format=1500w

Yes but where do you recommend fitting it in a 750D?

Sorry I ninja edited: I would probably put it right behind your video card or next/covering part of the the second grommet on the bottom 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

Sorry I ninja edited: I would probably put it right behind your video card or next/covering part of the the second grommet on the bottom 

Ok thanks, I've seen this before but how does the backplate fit between the grommet and ssd holes. Here's a pic but it doesn't show the width of the backplate though I don't think

170%2BDDC.jpg?format=750w

do you have the parts already?  because your going to need to account for fittings and tube runs as well.

As far as fitting between the grommet and the ssd I don't think it will do it without hanging over the grommet and only 2 screws screwed in. 

do you have the parts already?  because your going to need to account for fittings and tube runs as well.

As far as fitting between the grommet and the ssd I don't think it will do it without hanging over the grommet and only 2 screws screwed in. 

Yes everything is in the kit mentioned above. Ok would it be safe to hang it like this or could I just zip tie the screw holes through the grommets?

-SNIP-

Due to the uneven surface of your motherboard tray I would say try using blocks to level the surface before mounting using some foam blocks they provide with the reservoir as anti-vibration mount before drilling holes and bolting it into place. If you don't want to drill holes and bolt things in place I would suggest using those blocks with 3M dual lock to hold the reservoir into place, which is a Velcro on steroids.

I have the 270 in mine   The kit comes with thick foam for noise cancelation.  i used it to help level things out.

IMG_0266.jpg

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

That's a great idea no modding needed, thanks .

So I could use some of this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/25mm-Black-SJ3540-Dual-Lock/dp/B004AQFBE0/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1423914562&sr=1-1&keywords=3m+dual+lock

would this stick to the grommets as well. If not would covering half of the backplate in this with foam pads be be strong enough how strong is 3M? 

I did have to drill two very small holes for the screws to go though.  But that was the extent of the mods needed.   Honestly I would not trust Industrial tape or the stuff you posted.  These Res/pump combos are heavy.  Not only do you have the Pump and the housing, but the actual Res is made of glass, not acrylic.  So it is heavier than you think.  

Also I am looking at your pic and it looks like your GPU is a lot longer than mine.   I am using an Asus 780Ti with an EK block and it makes things tight.   From the photo I can't tell if the extra length is the cooler or part of the card itself.  

In these photos you can see how close they come.  Forgive the bubbles.  I took this right after I filled it so it had not settled down yet.  

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

I did have to drill two very small holes for the screws to go though.  But that was the extent of the mods needed.   Honestly I would not trust Industrial tape or the stuff you posted.  These Res/pump combos are heavy.  Not only do you have the Pump and the housing, but the actual Res is made of glass, not acrylic.  So it is heavier than you think.  

Also I am looking at your pic and it looks like your GPU is a lot longer than mine.   I am using an Asus 780Ti with an EK block and it makes things tight.   From the photo I can't tell if the extra length is the cooler or part of the card itself.  

In these photos you can see how close they come.  Forgive the bubbles.  I took this right after I filled it so it had not settled down yet.  

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

Yeah I'd rather it be more secure than Velcro, I think I'd have to screw it in. From what I read on line your gpu is 29cm long and mine is 31cm so not too much difference and yes the extra length is for the wind force cooler. 

Although I'm not sure if your waterblock adds to or lessens the length of the stock fan and pcb? My card is half way along the grommets btw. I could always move it closer to the ssds. What do you think should I just get the kit as it is and try and install it the best I can?

I have the same thing.

My is literally sitting in my case, held up by the front io cables.

My case is ft05

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

There isn't  much more room to move it towards the SSDs because of the 5 1/4 Drive bays.  However since you are using the 170 instead of the 270 it will probably slide under those.  Gust leave enough room above it for filling.  This res is a &(*#@! to fill.