Gigabyte 970 Heat

grimmjow660

How hot can the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming get?
Mine can get around 75c but thats because i have my Corsair H105 mounted in the front of a Fractal R5 and put the top moduvents back on to help with noise.
I decided to mount 2 140mm intake fans on the bottom to somewhat help with the suffocating gpu, they barely fit.
Should I be worried about the heat on the gpu?

post-103451-0-27972400-1423564670_thumb.

post-103451-0-27972400-1423564670_thumb.

75C under high load is still kinda high but as long as the idle temps are good its okey the card can go up to 90 without problems

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

How hot can the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming get?

Mine can get around 75c but thats because i have my Corsair H105 mounted in the front of a Fractal R5 and put the top moduvents back on to help with noise.

I decided to mount 2 140mm intake fans on the bottom to somewhat help with the suffocating gpu, they barely fit.

Should I be worried about the heat on the gpu?

Safe max temp would be 85-90 anything from 90-95 then you need to start to worry and anything 95+ i wouldn't recommend to use.

75 is perfectly fine, remember if you sitting in a 10C room and your temps are 60 under load then if you sitting in a 25C room your temps will go up nearly the same to 75C.

Besides that, 970 will work no problems at 75

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

Safe max temp would be 85-90 anything from 90-95 then you need to start to worry and anything 95+ i wouldn't recommend to use.

75 is perfectly fine, remember if you sitting in a 10C room and your temps are 60 under load then if you sitting in a 25C room your temps will go up nearly the same to 75C.

Besides that, 970 will work no problems at 75

Thing is, I live in California, so we hardly get winter here. It's january and almost 80F already. Summer it's gonna get hotter, so I'm assuming that gpu will get hotter.

Thing is, I live in California, so we hardly get winter here. It's january and almost 80F already. Summer it's gonna get hotter, so I'm assuming that gpu will get hotter.

The question isnt how hot it is outside but how hot it is in the room with your pc. im sure you have aircon or fans and that which keep your room cool.

Secondly limit the temp of the card to 85 so if it reachs 85 it wont go higher but means it might downclock a bit.

My MSI 970 was running at 87 under load while gaming for a couple months and worked fine. but i have added a G10 bracket +H90 AIO cooler and now it goes to 55C max under load and my room is about 28C right now.

I see you are also blowing the hot air from CPU AIO straight onto the GPU which will also increase your gpu temps

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

The question isnt how hot it is outside but how hot it is in the room with your pc. im sure you have aircon or fans and that which keep your room cool.

Secondly limit the temp of the card to 85 so if it reachs 85 it wont go higher but means it might downclock a bit.

My MSI 970 was running at 87 under load while gaming for a couple months and worked fine. but i have added a G10 bracket +H90 AIO cooler and now it goes to 55C max under load and my room is about 28C right now.

I see you are also blowing the hot air from CPU AIO straight onto the GPU which will also increase your gpu temps

Do you think I should take the fans on the cpu cooler off? I have 2 Noctua 140mm fans on the other side pushing air through the radiator.

The only reason that i would use GTX is cause of the Shadowplay!

75 is fine.  My card rarely ever goes over that even under benchmark loads.  During the peak of Summer where I live, the ambient room temp was around 30-35C (if not higher) and my card was still maintaining that temperature.   If you're really worried, you can always set a more aggressive fan curve in Precision X or Afterburner or something.  The default curve is fairly quiet even at those temps.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

75 is fine.  My card rarely ever goes over that even under benchmark loads.  During the peak of Summer where I live, the ambient room temp was around 30-35C (if not higher) and my card was still maintaining that temperature.   If you're really worried, you can always set a more aggressive fan curve in Precision X or Afterburner or something.  The default curve is fairly quiet even at those temps.

Went up to 77c today. I'm a bit worried.

Went up to 77c today. I'm a bit worried.

77 is a little bit higher than what I've seen for a Gigabyte 970 under standard gaming load at stock clocks speeds.  Was this temperature taken under benchmarks or during gameplay and is the card overclocked?  The card will still operate fine at that temperature.  If you hit the 80s there might be more cause for concern, but as Wesleydn said:

Safe max temp would be 85-90 anything from 90-95 then you need to start to worry and anything 95+ i wouldn't recommend to use

Like I said before though, you can try ramping up your fan curves if you're still worried and setting more aggressive curves on those bottom intakes might help as well.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Put a fan at the bottom of the case, blowing air directly to the GPU.

It helps a lot.

My temps went down from 70°C to 65-67 max.

And I live in Mexico, I know what heat is.

77 is a little bit higher than what I've seen for a Gigabyte 970 under standard gaming load at stock clocks speeds.  Was this temperature taken under benchmarks or during gameplay and is the card overclocked?  The card will still operate fine at that temperature.  If you hit the 80s there might be more cause for concern, but as Wesleydn said:

Like I said before though, you can try ramping up your fan curves if you're still worried and setting more aggressive curves on those bottom intakes might help as well.

Those fans are set at max rpm with the fan controller

75C under high load is still kinda high 

Is this a joke? That's fine...