SWTOR

mikeyyve

Hey guys, I recently decided to go back and play Star Wars The Old Republic again and I have found that I am really enjoying it. I was wondering if anyone else still plays the game? 

I'm on the Jedi Covenant server!

I haven't personally really played any but from what I've heard it's a grind fest to max level and then half of the game is broken. I may give it a go though as it's now f2p I believe and I have the time!

Any info on the PVP and are there dungeons and raids and such? I know it's not really the right place to ask questions like these but also is there kind of like a healer/tank/dps like classical mmos?

*I know I can probably get the answers easily by searching but I would like a players opinion on the game.

Thanks mate!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

played semi hardcore till it went f2p 

it is a classic trinity healer dps tank 

first 2 raids were pretty glitchy karaagas and eternity vault. it seemed like we were fighting game glitches more than the game mechanics most of the time invisible balls, disappearing floors. and floors that didn't spawn after a fight..

I thoroughly enjoyed not having any addons and dps meters to fight with and a deadly boss mod to yell at the bads. however there is a dps meter third party thing that you can kind of use. a lot of people cried at not having any addons but now that I am back in wow with addons addons addons addons everywhere I miss those days of not having any. 

the last raid that was released before our guild bailed on swtor was beautiful. the one boss that is in an electronic tron world was amazing and I almost jizzed myself when I heard that one lazer power up sound that I had to listen to it with all my other headphones.... I even intentionally wiped us a couple times just to hear that boss again. the running joke we have now is to just wipe on stuff when things are going smooth. 

I absolutely loath wow pvp and in swtor I absolutely loved it to death. taunting works and is vital in pvp and levelling via pvp is something that is easy to do. my sniper was levelled almost exclusively via pvp except for vital class quests at certain levels I was always in pvp with that toon. 

even now  I miss playing huttball. I went from absolutely detesting the game to loving it,

the shitty thing is they mimic the wow system where nerfs to classes for pvp issues affects pve players. for a decade I've played this game primarily for pve and I have to deal with all this bullshit tweaking that goes on in the game just for the totally separate pvp game. why... why why why why why does pvp changes have to affect pve. I love the tweaking of classes and changes but every single patch. every single patch I dread the pre patch notes and the class leaks and having to worry what changes will make it to the live servers etc. this is absolute bullshit. 

levelling was fun in pvp or pve I had a blast the storylines were engrossing and very fulfilling when the guild went back to wow my guildmaster had to level my toon for me because I just can't stand that shit anymore. I still don't run any dailies or seasonal quests or pokemon or farmville or any of that. 

well the star citizen livestream is getting boring and I am out of beer. everything I did in swtor was before f2p so it may be moot now. 

Yep I'm on the Harbinger server, just got 1st boss TFB nightmare mode this week. The difficulty for nightmare is craaazy.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Apart the bad optimization and the lack of PvP updates the game have gotten really good since launch. I recommend it to everyone even though I stopped playing.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Payed like 60 euros for on release and never played it.... had no credit card and because you need credit card registered on your account to even play it i never played it. I might try it now tough.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

i just back into it and honestly i love it 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I stopped playing it about 4 months after release. It was fun at first then i just lost interest

I can't even get them to reset my password so I can log back in. More than frustrating :P

MY BUILD | Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H115i | MSI Z77A-GD55 | 2 x ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI | Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP 1600Mhz | Intel 330 180GB SSD + 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 2x WD Red 2TB | OCZ ZX 850W 80+Gold | NZXT H442 Razer Edition | LG 34UC88-B 21:9 3440x1440 | Razer Kraken | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Razer Naga 2013 | Logitech Z-2300 | Steam/Xbox Live Gamertag: Jay Slasher