Laptop without keyboard - modding ideas?

sage78

Hey there!
sage here. Over the years I've used many old PCs from my oldest brother everytime he got something better. (my first PC, a bunch of laptops...)

Thing is, I had a laptop with a broken keyboard from him that would just press random keys at random times so I had to remove the keyboard and use a USB one,
and.. guess who gave us another laptop with a broken keyboard yesterday? Had to remove keyboard once again since it also had a bunch of stuck keys.

Laptops are
Compaq Presario C700: No keyboard, no battery
Acer Extensa 5635ZG: No keyboard

Have you guys ever done laptop modding? I would like making this laptops look prettier. Theres just an empty space where the keyboard used to be so maybe I could put something there, or try to make something more complicated  :)

Gimme ideas gogogo

Main - SPEEDTEST
CPU AMD FX-8350 | RAM Kingston HyperX 12GB @1866MHz | GPU Gigabyte HD 7850 | Mobo Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 | HDD 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 | PSU 550W | Case VENTO A8
Le Petite Frankenstein (First build, only original part is GPU)
CPU AMD Ahlon II X2 260 | RAM 2x2GB @1333MHz | GPU Sapphire HD 3650 | Mobo Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P | HDD 500GB | PSU 500W | 1998 Case
I support AMD because I support competition in the hardware market. We all know if the "other guys" had a complete monopoly, things wouldn't get any better for ANYONE..

put a second screen there?

cup warmer?

cup holder?

microwave?

lights?

dildo?

a new keyboard?

idk man, theres like a couple mm of space there, not much you can put in there. maybe put a massive breadboard there and turn it into an electronics kerjiggering laptop?

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

If you wanted to have some fun, i would try and find one of those solar powered keyboards that go to a USB dongle, maybe extract the keyboard and solar panels from there casing and somehow mount it where the original laptop keyboard was  

If you wanted to have some fun, i would try and find one of those solar powered keyboards that go to a USB dongle, maybe extract the keyboard and solar panels from there casing and somehow mount it where the original laptop keyboard was
I dont really have the money right now to buy that, nor really know where to get it from. Still a student and stuff

Im thinking about doing something like this  but try it with the oldest laptop first just in case :P

i dont really know that much about laptops other than removing the keyboard and a bit about changing the screen, so this will be my first real try at modding. wish me luck!

Main - SPEEDTEST
CPU AMD FX-8350 | RAM Kingston HyperX 12GB @1866MHz | GPU Gigabyte HD 7850 | Mobo Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 | HDD 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 | PSU 550W | Case VENTO A8
Le Petite Frankenstein (First build, only original part is GPU)
CPU AMD Ahlon II X2 260 | RAM 2x2GB @1333MHz | GPU Sapphire HD 3650 | Mobo Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P | HDD 500GB | PSU 500W | 1998 Case
I support AMD because I support competition in the hardware market. We all know if the "other guys" had a complete monopoly, things wouldn't get any better for ANYONE..