Philips Fidelio L1, should I get them?

alby800

These are currently on sale on massdrop ( https://www.massdrop.com/buy/philips-l1-headphones ) and I they peaked my interest, the drop ends in 1 day.

All together they will cost me $120 (with shipping to Aus)

So I am wondering whether or not I need an amp to power them, I currently have the HyperX Clouds, which I will probably sell to @athesean1, if not, I am sure someone will buy it.

Are they any good? How is the sound isolation (i know they are semi-open)? What genres of music are they best suited for? (I listen to a lot of different types) and of course, how are they for gaming?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Same here wondering the same thing!

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

There are many possitive reviews about these. I would get them, specially if i wanted something portable.

The Fidelio that got many praises are the X series. Dunno about the L series. 

There are many possitive reviews about these. I would get them, specially if i wanted something portable.

Just watched this review

I really want them now, and I can use them for portable use until I get some nice bluetooth earphones

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

Tyll from Innerfidelity also has a full review. Be sure to check it out. 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/handsome-philips-fidelio-l1

Wow I really want these now, although now I realise that it is $119 USD, which is $150~ Australian $$$, do you still think it is worth it?

Wow I really want these now, although now I realise that it is $119 USD, which is $150~ Australian $$$, do you still think it is worth it?

They seem to be great all-around headphones. If you want to have only one pair of over ear headphones, then i do believe they worth it. (and if you like a warm sound signature)

The measurements show that they are good headphones.

They seem to be great all-around headphones. If you want to have only one pair of over ear headphones, then i do believe they worth it. (and if you like a warm sound signature)

The measurements show that they are good headphones.

ok thanks, I think I will order it very soon :D