GTX 970 STRIX fan options

Londi

i have installed a gtx 970 strix into my pc, it will reach around 65c in new games like dying light at max settings which is scary for me since i dont know much about pc's. is their a way to lower the temperature it takes for the gpu fan to turn on automatic from the default of 62. also what would the max temperature for a fx 9590 cpu, a gtx 970 strix and the motherboard which is a crooshair v forumula z. the cooling for my case is a zalman z11+ case with 4 fans in the case and a h100i liquid cooling.

65c is absolutely fine, a lot of the time you can be okay with well over that, don't worry you're good!

i have installed a gtx 970 strix into my pc, it will reach around 65c in new games like dying light at max settings which is scary for me since i dont know much about pc's. is their a way to lower the temperature it takes for the gpu fan to turn on automatic from the default of 62. also what would the max temperature for a fx 9590 cpu, a gtx 970 strix and the motherboard which is a crooshair v forumula z. the cooling for my case is a zalman z11+ case with 4 fans in the case and a h100i liquid cooling.

If you were running at 90, I'd tell you to worry, but 65 is fine for a GPU under load. Good, even.

@Londi

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

thanks everyone, this puts a major weight of my head

Yeah, even 80c wouldn't be much for a high end gpu :) A stock 780 for example would easily do 80c or an Amd R9 290x is 95c out of the box with reference design cooler :) So you are fiiiine 

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

I've had the Strix 970 since launch-week, it's and amazing card. Never overheats.