ps2 acting strange

slitherin96

no one has given me any attention on other forums so here goes nothing. I have a ps2 slim with a broken laser=> no games from DVDs. but I used SMB loading for a good portion of the day. now here comes the fun part: all day long my ps2 was with ip 192.168.2.114 and since my DNS is 192.168.2.1 , that's ok. all of a sudden, when I wanted to change games the ps2 now has ip 0.168.0.10 and there is no software way to change it. through my router, I tried giving it a constant Ip based on its MAC address. it didn't work. this basically means I can't play anything on my console right now. PLS HELP

@slitherin96  

The SMB protocol?  

I need a PS2 hardware refresher -- were you transferring game files from your computer to a built-in hard drive in the PS2? 

You said giving the PS2 a static IP didn't work.  Does that mean it didn't retain the static IP, or the static IP didn't help fix it? 

@slitherin96  

-- were you transferring game files from your computer to a built-in hard drive in the PS2

yes 

--it didn't retain the static IP

deep within the contents of the soft-modded memory card, was a folder with the settings of FreeMCLoader... in this dark and twisted realm lurked a creature so evil, it could make you hit yourself if it so pleased. that evil being is...(dramtic silence) IPCONFIG.DAT! (lightning)... this cursed creation haunted unseen, forcing its console to use absurd IPs. but one day a hero name wordpad arrived and tore the beast open, exposing its digital intestines to the eyes of the public. then, he rearranged them, proving the beast helpful. and thus the horror died for the lovers of old games.

deep within the contents of the soft-modded memory card, was a folder with the settings of FreeMCLoader... in this dark and twisted realm lurked a creature so evil, it could make you hit yourself if it so pleased. that evil being is...(dramtic silence) IPCONFIG.DAT! (lightning)... this cursed creation haunted unseen, forcing its console to use absurd IPs. but one day a hero name wordpad arrived and tore the beast open, exposing its digital intestines to the eyes of the public. then, he rearranged them, proving the beast helpful. and thus the horror died for the lovers of old games.

Delete "System32"?

I trip to make the fall shorter

@slitherin96  

The SMB protocol?  

I need a PS2 hardware refresher -- were you transferring game files from your computer to a built-in hard drive in the PS2? 

You said giving the PS2 a static IP didn't work.  Does that mean it didn't retain the static IP, or the static IP didn't help fix it?

Lol it's a ps2 SLIM there's no build in hard drive

I forgot what program to use but you can directly connect your ps2 slim Ethernet port to your pc and force change the IP address and set it to that ip permanently. I forgot it I'll look for it