Is this a decent looking design for a loop?

I figured I'd use the PrimoChill CTR Phase II D5 ready pump/res combo I'm doing my best to keep a pump attached to the res, and still look nice and not blocky, since I want to use the H630 and it has no basement, but how does this look for runs and such?

post-23064-0-99228200-1423381914.jpg

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

Why do you want to water cool?

Why do you want to water cool?

Because it's cool, and I can, I want my rig to look awesome and run amazing, and I love having reasons to open it up and tinker, so maintenance will be fun too

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

It should be enough.

Nice pic.

'good enough' any suggestions? And thanks :P Just whipped it up quick

I figured I'd use the PrimoChill CTR Phase II D5 ready pump/res combo I'm doing my best to keep a pump attached to the res, and still look nice and not blocky, since I want to use the H630 and it has no basement, but how does this look for runs and such?

have you though of turning the 360 at the top around and having the ports at the top? Also turn the pump around so the output port is facing the front rad.

Then go from pump > front rad> CPU block > top rad > GPU blocks > Res

Just an option to play around with

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

have you though of turning the 360 at the top around and having the ports at the top? Also turn the pump around so the output port is facing the front rad.

Then go from pump > front rad> CPU block > top rad > GPU blocks > Res

Just an option to play around with

So you're saying something like this?

Edit: Would the drawing I just did even work with the pump on top? Or could you suggest a pump res combo that has the pump outlet on the other side, because the one I'm looking at now has the outlet on the left only, I figured "oh just flip it, then it'd be on the right" but Idk if you can do that or not :P

post-23064-0-68174900-1423387860.jpg

Edit: Would the drawing I just did even work with the pump on top? Or could you suggest a pump res combo that has the pump outlet on the other side, because the one I'm looking at now has the outlet on the left only, I figured "oh just flip it, then it'd be on the right" but Idk if you can do that or not :P

I think he meant as in rotating it around not flipping it so your tube doesn't have have to cross over to the 360mm rad and that won't work since pumps need to be gravity fed in from the reservoir. Also the order in which components are placed into the loop do not matter much in most cases

I think he meant as in rotating it around not flipping it so your tube doesn't have have to cross over to the 360mm rad and that won't work since pumps need to be gravity fed in from the reservoir. Also the order in which components are placed into the loop do not matter much in most cases

Can't rotate the particular pump/res combo Im thinking about because the outlet port is part of the ring that has the mounting holes, turning it would leave me unable to mount that particular pump/res which is why I asked if there was another one that didn't lock blocky, cause lots of the pump/res combos I've seen are blocky. Or another pump ready res, would work as well.

I'm pretty sure putting your pump above your res is a bad idea :) unless gravity works like that to where you live.

anyways so long as the gravity pulls stuff down the pump should be directly fed by your res anything else for looks can be different for each type of people.

Live your life like a dream.

Ye sort of, i would put the pump on the bottom though haha.

what pump/res combo you getting? most of them you can turn to face the way you want.

Otherwise run the tube coming fro mthe bottom GPU up along the side of the res to the top

have you looked at the following/

http://www.xs-pc.com/water-pumps/d5-photon-170-reservoirpump-combo

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/reservoirs-and-acc/res-pump-combo/ek-d5/ek-xres-140-d5-pwm-incl-pump.html

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

the first image is fine, the second will not work as the water/gravity will not feed

the pump properly and the pump will die, quickly.

bleeding the first image will be a bit tough as the air will be trapped in the top of

the 360. depending on which radiator used, some do have a bung/port at that

end to facilitate filling/bleeding.

the first image is fine, the second will not work as the water/gravity will not feed

the pump properly and the pump will die, quickly.

bleeding the first image will be a bit tough as the air will be trapped in the top of

the 360. depending on which radiator used, some do have a bung/port at that

end to facilitate filling/bleeding.

Gotcha, well, I think I like the 2nd look better, I'll just switch out my pump/res to one that has an outlet on the right, speaking of filling/bleeding/emptying a loop, I would be very grateful if you you gave me some insight on the easiest way to setup my loop so when it needs to be drained it won't be a huge challenge!

Ye sort of, i would put the pump on the bottom though haha.

what pump/res combo you getting? most of them you can turn to face the way you want.

Otherwise run the tube coming fro mthe bottom GPU up along the side of the res to the top

have you looked at the following/

http://www.xs-pc.com/water-pumps/d5-photon-170-reservoirpump-combo

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/reservoirs-and-acc/res-pump-combo/ek-d5/ek-xres-140-d5-pwm-incl-pump.html

I like the XSPC one, the EK one I've seen, just looks too blocky for my taste. I'll have to give that guy a look.

Can't rotate the particular pump/res combo Im thinking about because the outlet port is part of the ring that has the mounting holes, turning it would leave me unable to mount that particular pump/res which is why I asked if there was another one that didn't lock blocky, cause lots of the pump/res combos I've seen are blocky. Or another pump ready res, would work as well.

Ah I see the Primochill one with side ports, have you though to change the direction of the top 240/280mm rad around so the ports are closer to the front it will shorten the tubing runs in the system slightly.

Ah I see the Primochill one with side ports, have you though to change the direction of the top 240/280mm rad around so the ports are closer to the front it will shorten the tubing runs in the system slightly.

Will it affect performance? I could try that out, how does this look? I'll draw up another with the other rad flipped too.

Edit: 2nd Image with rad flipped, hows it look?

nhPSMzh.jpg

02uzorX.jpg

Gotcha, well, I think I like the 2nd look better, I'll just switch out my pump/res to one that has an outlet on the right, speaking of filling/bleeding/emptying a loop, I would be very grateful if you you gave me some insight on the easiest way to setup my loop so when it needs to be drained it won't be a huge challenge!

again the radiator selected (alphacool, phobya, EK, Coolgate) have end tank

bungs/plugs to attach a drain (valve or block off) to.

or a t-block from the pump[ outlet to a ball valve or block off.

Will it affect performance? I could try that out, how does this look? I'll draw up another with the other rad flipped too.

Edit: 2nd Image with rad flipped, hows it look?

02uzorX.jpg

This one is probably the best since the runs are shorter and the front 360mm rad has the barbs on top which will help with bleeding the system to get rid of air.

This one is probably the best since the runs are shorter and the front 360mm rad has the barbs on top which will help with bleeding the system to get rid of air.

Well thanks for your help! That's what I'll do then!

I would vote for the very first design you have in op thread.  
The simple reason is just because of easier access to maintenance.  

The drain port at a lower position will let you drain most of the loop but if your rad ports are at top, you wouldn't be able to drain it easily.

The drain port at a lower position will let you drain most of the loop but if your rad ports are at top, you wouldn't be able to drain it easily.

not with outlet options like this on the alphacool radiator 60mm or thicker:

600x400x985_0.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IQ56NEgJ7

35280_4.jpg

not with outlet options like this on the alphacool radiator 60mm or thicker:

600x400x985_0.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IQ56NEgJ7

35280_4.jpg

So it depends on the space underneath the rad.  He really needs to measure it out b4 taking this approach

So it depends on the space underneath the rad.  He really needs to measure it out b4 taking this approach

You could just drill a hole in the bottom of the case and attach a hose to it to drain I have a similar setup I'm about to implement into my system. Alternative you could just place the system over the edge of the surface and it it drain slowly into a bucket.

so if the drain port is at the bottom of the rad, the water in res won't be drained.  He needs to mount it a bit higher than the picture is showing.  Judging by the picture, the case doesn't have enough space to do that.  And he still needs to drill the hole for it.

or he can create more than just one drain ports.

I mean all the ideas apparently will work.  I feel like there's just some pro's and con's in whichever way he builds it.

I have a simular setup to him.. dont need a fancy rads, i turn my pc on its side and both rads are on their sides and drain fine.