New Wireless Headphones for Gaming (no mic) and listening to music

Decon

I need some new wireless over-ear headphones, preferably iOS compatible. Budget is ~100-150 US.  I'm not a big audio guy; please assist me in my shopping quest...

-dr_deconstruct

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

You got me thinking "does one of these exist for gaming AND is Mac compatible?" Apparently so. http://us.creative.com/p/gaming-headsets/sound-blaster-tactic3d-omega-wireless, http://us.creative.com/p/gaming-headsets/sound-blaster-tactic3d-rage-wireless-v2

Not sure what the expected quality on their stuff is supposed to be but it would probably be better than the Logitech G930's. The Logitechs don't say Mac compatible so idk.

I need some new wireless over-ear headphones, preferably iOS compatible. Budget is ~100-150 US.  I'm not a big audio guy; please assist me in my shopping quest...

-dr_deconstruct

I'm on the search too. I'm picky (but not mental) with my audio and I don't care for a mic. My headphone is dying on me bc the wire gets stuck EVERYWHERE and my chair has all but almost cut through the wire in a few spots.

I've been checking the Sennheiser RS170 and 180 (the pads of the 180's are far more comfy and I think I'll get the 170 and the pads). It's been a journey and a learning experience with all the specs and open back and noise cancelling and bla bla bla.

There is also other brands, I have a list here where i'm storing all the things I have found so far. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZMXYqs(there are good ones here and random finds which i still need to research them)

Lately I've been trying to find if I can use a bluetooth headset like the Urbinite and many others. But haven't found anyone's experience using them on a pc with games.

Maybe bc it's not good, i wonder... ?

How is your search going dr_deconstruct?

I'm on the search too. I'm picky (but not mental) with my audio and I don't care for a mic. My headphone is dying on me bc the wire gets stuck EVERYWHERE and my chair has all but almost cut through the wire in a few spots.

I've been checking the Sennheiser RS170 and 180 (the pads of the 180's are far more comfy and I think I'll get the 170 and the pads). It's been a journey and a learning experience with all the specs and open back and noise cancelling and bla bla bla.

There is also other brands, I have a list here where i'm storing all the things I have found so far. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZMXYqs(there are good ones here and random finds which i still need to research them)

Lately I've been trying to find if I can use a bluetooth headset like the Urbinite and many others. But haven't found anyone's experience using them on a pc with games.

I've heard from @JayzTwoCents that the matrix 2's (reviewed on his youtube channel) are a great option...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

My dad owns those Sennheiser headphones; sound quality is kinda meh IMO.  Seem to his and crackle a bit to much and the range isn't to great...

My dad owns those Sennheiser headphones; sound quality is kinda meh IMO.  Seem to his and crackle a bit to much and the range isn't to great...

Really? Good to know. Which model is it?

Saw the review by @JayzTwoCents and it looks good, although he didn't mention pairing the phone with a pc or ps4 for gaming.

I've heard of the August EP650

and the Photive BTH3

They are reasonably priced but as always no mention of PS4 or PC use. Which is quite frustrating.

I just want decent audio and use it on my PC for games as DA:I or ME. I don't play online and own a decent mic already so no need for a headset. It would be a great bonus to have something that I could pair with my mobile and PS4 but I just can't find it.

I think I'll send a request to these YTbers. Maybe they can try that? Well, it's worth the shot.

Really? Good to know. Which model is it?

Saw the review by @JayzTwoCents and it looks good, although he didn't mention pairing the phone with a pc or ps4 for gaming.

I've heard of the August EP650

and the Photive BTH3

They are reasonably priced but as always no mention of PS4 or PC use. Which is quite frustrating.

I just want decent audio and use it on my PC for games as DA:I or ME. I don't play online and own a decent mic already so no need for a headset. It would be a great bonus to have something that I could pair with my mobile and PS4 but I just can't find it.

I think I'll send a request to these YTbers. Maybe they can try that? Well, it's worth the shot.

about the my dad's headphones, their the exactly model you listed on PCPP :)

I'm pretty sure they'd pair with PC if their bluetooth, but I wouldn't be so sure about the PS4.  Consoles generally require headphones to be "approved" to work therefore the branding of "works with both PS4 and PC" on gaming headsets...

about the my dad's headphones, their the exactly model you listed on PCPP :)

I'm pretty sure they'd pair with PC if their bluetooth, but I wouldn't be so sure about the PS4.  Consoles generally require headphones to be "approved" to work therefore the branding of "works with both PS4 and PC" on gaming headsets...

Ok... they're there but I list the Sennheiser 502875 Headphones and the 170 and later on the Urbinite... so plz? LOL

But on the BT front, yeah, you're right. I can just luck out or not with any non branded one. But won't there be delays or lag from the pc action to the headphone?

So, either I get a BT one and try my luck or get one that needs a base and keep moving it.. *not a favourite thing to do*

Ok... they're there but I list the Sennheiser 502875 Headphones and the 170 and later on the Urbinite... so plz? LOL

But on the BT front, yeah, you're right. I can just luck out or not with any non branded one. But won't there be delays or lag from the pc action to the headphone?

So, either I get a BT one and try my luck or get one that needs a base and keep moving it.. *not a favourite thing to do*

bluetooth 4.0 is more than good enough to support low-lag audio streaming.  It's up to you tho; I'm no BT/headphone expert. If you want some more professional advise on choosing a headset, I'd recommend starting a new topic in the audio sub-forum; I'm sure someone can help you :)  

RS170 or RS180 if you must have wireless but wired headphones will sound much better for the same price. 

thx :)

Wireless is kinda a requirement tho considering my workspace is a mess and I have to move around a lot...

I have the same requirement. Must be wireless. I live in a small apartment with my boyfriend and I need the privacy of a headphone and the mobility of wireless. While he plays on the PS4 I play on my PC and vice versa, I hate wires and I want to be able to walk around, go to the kitchen bathroom and even listen to music while doing house chores.

Dr_deconstruct, you gave me good advice *smile*

The PS4 controller has an audio jack and I had completely forgotten about it. I'm definitely not getting an overpriced sonny approved headphone.

I'll probably get the August at first for using when I go out for walks, then later this year grab the rs 180.

The only reason I'm getting the 180 is bc the base also charges the phone, it's less clutter. Honestly I would ve just as ok with the 160 with the velvet pads but then, 20 bucks more and the 180 is there.

I was considering getting the rs175 bc it has a digital audio in but it goes way over my budget.

I have the same requirement. Must be wireless. I live in a small apartment with my boyfriend and I need the privacy of a headphone and the mobility of wireless. While he plays on the PS4 I play on my PC and vice versa, I hate wires and I want to be able to walk around, go to the kitchen bathroom and even listen to music while doing house chores.

Dr_deconstruct, you gave me good advice *smile*

The PS4 controller has an audio jack and I had completely forgotten about it. I'm definitely not getting an overpriced sonny approved headphone.

I'll probably get the August at first for using when I go out for walks, then later this year grab the rs 180.

The only reason I'm getting the 180 is bc the base also charges the phone, it's less clutter. Honestly I would ve just as ok with the 160 with the velvet pads but then, 20 bucks more and the 180 is there.

I was considering getting the rs175 bc it has a digital audio in but it goes way over my budget.

sounds cool :) 

Happy to help BTW :D