Looking for a new phone

jd2195

I am going to be getting an upgrade in the next month or so but I cannot find the phone I want. What I am looking for is a phone that has:

A 4.7" - 5.2" screen,

I can put Cyanogenmod on it,

and it has a good camera.

Battery life isn't too important as long as long as it isn't awful and if there is a phone that fits the other needs I can handle a 5.5" screen. The last condition is that I would like the phone to preferably under £350 but can stretch to £400.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

Samsung galaxy s5? or that asus phone that linus reviewed in ces that was only 200 dollarz

I didn't know what to put here...

Samsung galaxy s5? or that asus phone that linus reviewed in ces that was only 200 dollarz

For some reason I have always hated the Samsung galaxy series, I think it is the combination of touchwiz (which wouldn't matter anyway), and the plastic build quality but I may give it a go in a phone shop and see. I will research the Asus Zenphone 2, don't know much about it.

Nexus 5, 1+1

I have considered both of those phones, I would prefer to find something in my size range rather than the OnePlus One but if there is nothing else I will probably go for it. I have looked at the Nexus 5 and I remember there was some deal breaker with it but I can't remember what it was so I will have another look.

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

I have considered both of those phones, I would prefer to find something in my size range rather than the OnePlus One but if there is nothing else I will probably go for it. I have looked at the Nexus 5 and I remember there was some deal breaker with it but I can't remember what it was so I will have another look.

It's an unfortunate thing the 1+1 is 5.5inches. However nothing comes close to it when it comes to performance and quality at the £300 price range.

It's an unfortunate thing the 1+1 is 5.5inches. However nothing comes close to it when it comes to performance and quality at the £300 price range.

I wish that I could try it before I bought it if I were to, like I would with pretty much any other phone on the market

I can only recommend the Nexus. Not only does it offer an exceptional price to performance value, but I had some really good experiences with Googles supoort service too.

They helped me out with an issue I had even though I had rooted my phone.(And they're really friendly too;)

Hope I could help

I also go with the Nexus 5.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

There is actually gonna be a asus zenfone 2 5inch model. And with the specs it has, at the price it is going to be, thats the one I am going to get.

I can only recommend the Nexus. Not only does it offer an exceptional price to performance value, but I had some really good experiences with Googles supoort service too.

They helped me out with an issue I had even though I had rooted my phone.(And they're really friendly too;)

Hope I could help

I also go with the Nexus 5.

I have read that the camera is better on the Oneplus One though which may end up being the deciding factor between the two phones. How good is the camera quality on your Nexus 5?

Many reviews say that the Nexus 8MP cam isn't that good but I find it okay for everything I do (I mostly take pictures in daylight -  at night or when it's a bit darker images get kinda grainy)

I do not know how good the OnePlusOnes' camera is though.

Huawei actually has some really interesting offerings in this price range. Basically any phone with a snapdragon 610 or 615 is a go.

Interested in Business and Technology

I have read that the camera is better on the Oneplus One though which may end up being the deciding factor between the two phones. How good is the camera quality on your Nexus 5?

It's pretty good. The OnePlus One camera is better, but really both are great and if you've never used one over the other you won't tell the difference.

"Rawr XD"