6.3 to 3.5 Adapter

Frankz

Alright so I decided to go ahead and buy the HD700. After weighing in the pro's & cons vs the SRH1540s I think it's the right choice for me.

Now I will be plugging it into a 3.5 port and i'll need a 6.3 to 3.5 adapter for it.

Question: Does the quality of this adapter have any impact on the sound quality of the HD700? Could it degrade the quality?

And what kind of adapter should I be looking at? One with a short cable, or a plug-adapter?

Thx in advance

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Alright so I decided to go ahead and buy the HD700. After weighing in the pro's & cons vs the SRH1540s I think it's the right choice for me.

Now I will be plugging it into a 3.5 port and i'll need a 6.3 to 3.5 adapter for it.

Question: Does the quality of this adapter have any impact on the sound quality of the HD700? Could it degrade the quality?

And what kind of adapter should I be looking at? One with a short cable, or a plug-adapter?

Thx in advance

Any cable adapters have a chance at degrading sound. I would just go with a pure male-female adapter.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Sennheiser sells a pigtail 6.3mm to 3.5mm for not too much.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Sennheiser sells a pigtail 6.3mm to 3.5mm for not too much.

Hmm yea tried looking for it but apparently Sennheiser(German company!) dont sell it on the German Amazon -.-

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Hmm yea tried looking for it but apparently Sennheiser(German company!) dont sell it on the German Amazon -.-

You might be able to fine one on eBay.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Doesn't the HD700 come with said pigtail adapter?

Nope  :/

Nope :/

Oh, well, you can always just order it off their website. If you can't find it, email customer support and they can help you find it. Really is superior to those regular bulky adapters and will put less strain on your jack.

Oh, well, you can always just order it off their website. If you can't find it, email customer support and they can help you find it. Really is superior to those regular bulky adapters and will put less strain on your jack.

Hmm I just read a review on Amazon from the 21st Jan 2015 where a guy said a 3.5 adapter was included.

So it's possible they recently added it. But it's not mentioned anywhere in the package detail info, not even on sennheisers official site.

Guess I'll just find out myself tomorrow :P

Get the pigtail ones that are basically a short cable. Every adapter that is just 1 piece of metal will eventually snap and leave a part in your socket that you can't get out again. 

Another option is to make one yourself. Get a female 6.3mm, a male 3.5mm plug, and a standard decent cable. Mogami is often used due to its decent quality and cheap price. DIY plugs' tension relief use metal clamp that's more durable than most generic version in the market that use rubber. 

Hmm I just read a review on Amazon from the 21st Jan 2015 where a guy said a 3.5 adapter was included.

So it's possible they recently added it. But it's not mentioned anywhere in the package detail info, not even on sennheisers official site.

Guess I'll just find out myself tomorrow :P

It's included with my 650, dunno why it wouldn't be for 700.

It's included with my 650, dunno why it wouldn't be for 700.

Got my HD700!! Adapter wasnt included but I managed to find a good one at a local store. Man I need to get used to this & adjust my hearing lol and ACTUALLY LISTEN to the detail of the music, flac songs are pure gold. In about a month I'll look into getting an Amp/DAC so I can just plug in the 6.3 without needing an adapter, for now the onboard sound is enough & it's actually quite good.

Yeah its wierd but it's not included. Mine didn't come with one either.

Maybe Sennheiser assumed someone buying such and expensive headphone would fall into the fancy amp trap.