HP pavilion upgradability

I just sold my slightly expensive gaming laptop (~$1800) and I'm thinking about getting a HP pavilion p011tx (I think is the model, a bit of confusion with their pavilion lineup). I am wondering how good is it's upgradability such as ram slots or sata ports or even msata? I have a few ssd's I would throw in and more ram.

Again as always I am open for suggestions for alternate laptops/brands. But I have a line of $900AU. I am looking for a decent laptop for mainly university use and the occasional game. (Preferrably from an Australian store too, not a big fan of shipping).

Link to device: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/computers-tablets/computers/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-p011tx-laptop.html

From personal experience, HP's suck. A Lot. I work at a large university in Canada, and HP's are by far the most likely to crap out hardware-wise to the point where we no longer allow faculty to purchase them with their university funding.

That being said, unless a laptop is a "business" class, don't expect it to have any upgradeability besides RAM and HDD. Given this one has only 4GB RAM, you would have to buy a 8 GB kit since it would only have 2 slots, both taken with a 2GB stick.

You can pretty much always swap out the HDD in a laptop with either a bigger one or an SSD. Unless it is an ultraportable, in which case it will use mSATA or m.2 instead of a regular sata.

Sorry to confuse things even more for you, but I cannot provide with specific alternatives since i dont know any Oz/NZ retailers, but I can whole-heartedly recommend Lenovo and Dell laptops, along with Asus.

When in doubt, re-format.

If I were you I would look towards Dell's ultrabooks, they seem pretty nice and I actually quite like Dell as an OEM

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂