SSD reformat OS

manuel ticzon

Hi.

I have installed windows 8.1 in my SSD(Samsung 840 EVO 120GB) and i want to reformat my SSD to install windows 7.

Is there any precautions before i reformat my SSD?

or just go format directly in OS installation?

TIA

Do a quick format, not a full one.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Hi.

I have installed windows 8.1 in my SSD(Samsung 840 EVO 120GB) and i want to reformat my SSD to install windows 7.

Is there any precautions before i reformat my SSD?

or just go format directly in OS installation?

TIA

Hey manuel ticzon,

When you put the installation disk, you will have the option to choose on which drive to install the new OS. The installation process will format the drive for you. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

i have that same hard drive and i went from windows 8.1 back to 8 a while ago, and doing so it will ask if you want to clear all store files and settings, basically a new start

case: corsair carbide air 540 motherboard: asus maximus V formula assassin  cpu: intel i7 3770k 3.5ghz cooling: corsair h100  psu: corsair gold ax750w  gpu: amd radeon 7950 3gb  ram: 8gb g.skill sniper  drives: 120gb Samsung 840 ssd, 2tb western digital black