CUDA vs OpenCL When Rendering in Sony Vegas

I  have an NVIDIA GeForce GPU, and so I know that I can use CUDA cores when rendering, but is it better to use CUDA or OpenCL? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

IDK (lol), but just run some test renders. The speed will probably vary between the two and so will the quality, but the only way to know for sure is if you test it on your hardware.

IDK (lol), but just run some test renders. The speed will probably vary between the two and so will the quality, but the only way to know for sure is if you test it on your hardware.

Why didn't I think of that  :huh:  yeah, I'll just test to see which is quicker 

Why didn't I think of that  :huh:  yeah, I'll just test to see which is quicker 

Lol that's what I always do, because GPU acceleration is very inconsistent for some odd reason. I've has some machines that were fast for an unknown reason, and some that are ridiculously slow for the hardware used.

Also compare the encoding quality, the utterly bad encoding quality will probably destroy the marginal speed benefit of the gpu. 

@.spider.

Lol that's what I always do, because GPU acceleration is very inconsistent for some odd reason. I've has some machines that were fast for an unknown reason, and some that are ridiculously slow for the hardware used.

Okay, thanks guys :)

Wish I would have seen this earlier.. CUDA is for GeForce cards, and OpenCL is for AMD cards. It's that simple!