Sub $150 Case Help

Anniemoose98

I think that is a fine choice , good cable management and up gradable on the motherboard size

But should I get the XL R2 or wait for the Arc XL?

Essentially, what I am asking is whether or not the Define XL can cool the setup (NH-D14, Future SLI, ETC) adequately. 

I will are you going fan based or water cooling

Fan cooling. I don't want a crappy CLC and I don't want to spend the money to get into watercooling. If I must get the Arc XL to get good temps, I will. I am willing to max out the fans in the Fractal XL.

Edit: I am going to run the NH-D14 cooler

Although, if you guys can find me compatible water cooling parts for the price of a CLC or just a dash more (Like up to $130-$135) that out performed the D14,  I would consider switching to watercooling.

you can get a corsair 350r window or non window it has great cable management and can hold a large heatsink and two 660's i have one 660 and planning on adding the second one in a few months. The case has great airflow keeps everything cool inside here :)

| CPU ------ i5 4670k 4.4ghz ------ MOBO ------ MSI Z87 GD65 ------ GPU ------ MSI TF3 7950 OC ------ GPU2 ------ EVGA GTX660 SC ------ RAM ------ G.SKILL Sniper ram 1866 2x4 ------ PSU ------ Corsair AX860 ------ SSD ------ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB ------ HDD ------Seagate 1TB ------ CASE ------ Corsair 300r |

you can get a corsair 350r window or non window it has great cable management and can hold a large heatsink and two 660's i have one 660 and planning on adding the second one in a few months. The case has great airflow keeps everything cool inside here :)

I am assuming that you mean the 350D, if so, it is only M-ATX and Mini-ITX compatible, I have an ATX-Full board, so it would not work, but thanks!

you wont find water cooling that cheap the make a noticable differnce in cooling performance and as for what you what you want out of a case i confuses me a little the xl r2 is a huge case and its not a bad thing but i think you think you need all that space for what you dont realy put ok to good fans like noctua nf-a14 or corsiar 140 you will have more then enoph in any mid tower case 

Cpu:I7-3770|motherboard:msi z77 MPower|Ram:G-Skill Sniper 1866|Graphics:Evga 650ti SSC|Boot drive:128gb Samsung 840|Data drive:2 tb Seagate 7200 Case:Fractal Design R4|Power supply: corsair cs 750m|OS:Windows 7 home Premium|keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013| mouse: Razer Death Adder chroma

you wont find water cooling that cheap the make a noticable differnce in cooling performance and as for what you what you want out of a case i confuses me a little the xl r2 is a huge case and its not a bad thing but i think you think you need all that space for what you dont realy put ok to good fans like noctua nf-a14 or corsiar 140 you will have more then enoph in any mid tower case 

That being said, I will probably go with one of the mid towers then. It is still bigger than my current Elite 430. Out of the two mid equivalents (The R4 and the Arc Midi) which is better for Air cooling?

I  will recommend the define r4 or xl if you ever do the route of water cooling the artic xl or mine but always think about upgrade ability

I  will recommend the define r4 or xl if you ever do the route of water cooling the artic xl or mine but always think about upgrade ability

Do you really think that the size is needed in the XL? I want to make sure to make the right decision...

im more then positive the r4 is more then enoph 

Cpu:I7-3770|motherboard:msi z77 MPower|Ram:G-Skill Sniper 1866|Graphics:Evga 650ti SSC|Boot drive:128gb Samsung 840|Data drive:2 tb Seagate 7200 Case:Fractal Design R4|Power supply: corsair cs 750m|OS:Windows 7 home Premium|keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013| mouse: Razer Death Adder chroma

The define r4 is a fine  case the xl has a lot  more upgradable especially in motherboard size

Hmm. I will take this all into consideration and will get one of them unless someone comes up with a better case. What would the best fan setup for both be? And the best CPU cooler? I am willing to switch from the D14 if there is something better. But it has to be under $105 in price.

Thanks!

one question well really 2 led fans or non  led , case fan controller or optional 5 1/4 bay fan controller

Non LED fans, and I want to get a  5 1/4" controller. And then the CPU cooler. I don't care about aesthetics for it as I am getting a windowless case and will never see it. I would like quiet fans, as well...

Thanks!

Also, can you recommend me a good relatively cheap fan controller?

Thanks!

R4 comes with a 3 fan controler if you get like 2 fan splinters you can use it to control every fan in the case and only cost you like 5 bucks

R4 comes with a 3 fan controler if you get like 2 fan splinters you can use it to control every fan in the case and only cost you like 5 bucks

But is it a full fan controller (Like configure it by percent of power) or is it just a multi-setting one? Also, should I max out the fans in the case with my setup?

Its 12v 7v 5v thats all any one realy needs and thats up to you its your machine

But is it a full fan controller

(Like configure it by percent of power) or is it just a multi-setting one? Also, should I max out the fans in the case with my setup?

Its 12v 7v 5v thats all any one realy needs and thats up to you its your machine

Hmm. Ok. But if you had to recommend a good fan controller, with enough ports to hold all the fans that you suggest, what would it be?

Also, should I max out the fans, if not, how many should I get?

Thanks,

AM98

If I had to get one side get this as for fan I have 5 fans in mine And that's more or less maxe out but it depends on the fans and how much air flow you whant

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71194&vpn=BFA%2DHDR%2DKSPRO%2DRP&manufacture=Others

I have the fractal r2 fans they work aright and i only needed 2 but the best fans are noctua or coarsair

I have the fractal r2 fans they work aright and i only needed 2 but the best fans are noctua or coarsair

What Noctua's or Corsair's do you recommend? I know that Linus recommends the NF-F12's, but they are only 120MM and not using 140MM seems like a waste to me... And how many extra should I get?