new games and their patches

randy hutajulu

The certification process of games to Sony and MS basically negate what you hypothesize. A game can't be shipped on console if it doesn't pass certification from Sony and MS. So no, you're wrong, once pre-orders are in they don't just decide "fuck it, ship it in the state its in, we got the cash anyways". This would jeopardize the submission process, which by the way runs in the hundreds of thousands to submit to Sony and MS. Failing submission means delays (it takes 2-4 weeks for the certification process) and keeping devs longer on the project (more costs).

The same goes with patches. They can't just "decide" to patch if sales "sag" there is an approval process before it can be pushed out.

we're talking about unfinished games for the PC. 

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

People who pre-purchase on Steam are giving their money to the developers IIRC

which is why i said consoles

What is this IIRC?? Hahaha.. Sorry guys. Im a newbie

Because publishers push for the games to be released and the devs aren't ready. It happened with Total War Rome 2.

What happen with total war rome 2?

Is it terrible?

The certification process of games to Sony and MS basically negate what you hypothesize. A game can't be shipped on console if it doesn't pass certification from Sony and MS. So no, you're wrong, once pre-orders are in they don't just decide "fuck it, ship it in the state its in, we got the cash anyways". This would jeopardize the submission process, which by the way runs in the hundreds of thousands to submit to Sony and MS. Failing submission means delays (it takes 2-4 weeks for the certification process) and keeping devs longer on the project (more costs).

The same goes with patches. They can't just "decide" to patch if sales "sag" there is an approval process before it can be pushed out.

Hhmmm.. Yeeaa.. Somehow, this is a sad fact

fact

Because back in the day before online gaming games where released and that was it..nothing could be done to fix them. Now games are bigger and better they need a bit more tlc and patches allow the developers to do so.

Yea.. But still. There are some new games that quite good since they're released such as alien isolation, shadow of mordor, etc.

They don't have any serious problem at all.

Why the other devs couldn't learn from them.

Yea.. But still. There are some new games that quite good since they're released such as alien isolation, shadow of mordor, etc.

They don't have any serious problem at all.

Why the other devs couldn't learn from them.

Oh and I totally agree with you, I am not trying to say it's what should be..but at least it's a sort of solution.

And yeah, agreed on isolation and mordor. I have had those two games in my library since release and not had one single bug, crash or any other problem with them....there quite a technical masterpiece in that sort of way and you can only look forward to future release from those devs ;)

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

we're talking about unfinished games for the PC. 

Most of the games that aren't great at launch are cross platform.

Those that are launched simultaneously (unlike GTA V) all have their patches done at the same time for all platforms (unless its a platform specific problem of course).

Rarely is a patch pushed out to PC users only if its not to fix PC only issues.

If thats true then the real solution is to have an independent organisation like ms and sony for pc computers. Who certify the game before it is allowed to be released to pc customers! Thats easier said then done.

At the moment this job is basically left to the reviewing media to determine if a pc game meets quality standards but there can be a lot of bias and mixed messages by these reviewers......thats why the devs get away with releasing poor quality pc games. Its even worse now that devs restrict reviews until the game has been released, basically counting on the hope that the buyer will not get the bad news in time before their purchase is already made!!

Oh and I totally agree with you, I am not trying to say it's what should be..but at least it's a sort of solution.

And yeah, agreed on isolation and mordor. I have had those two games in my library since release and not had one single bug, crash or any other problem with them....there quite a technical masterpiece in that sort of way and you can only look forward to future release from those devs ;)

yea.. u're right. especially alien isolation. i knew nothing about the developer before. but maybe i'll continue playing their games after this. they're awesome

Most of the games that aren't great at launch are cross platform.

Those that are launched simultaneously (unlike GTA V) all have their patches done at the same time for all platforms (unless its a platform specific problem of course).

Rarely is a patch pushed out to PC users only if its not to fix PC only issues.

it will be better if the PC version comes out after consoles. maybe around 2 or 3 months later after consoles, but maybe we can get a better things to play

it will be better if the PC version comes out after consoles. maybe around 2 or 3 months later after consoles, but maybe we can get a better things to play

Sure but then you'd get the same complaints that GTA V is getting.

Far Cry 4 isnt terriblely optimized 45-60 fps with DSR and pretty much everything maxed on a single 970. Then there is unity.... :angry:

And AMD? Yeh, farcry is badly optimised.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Sure but then you'd get the same complaints that GTA V is getting.

i hope not. hahaha.. and i'm sure we both have the same hope on this game

i've been an AMD boy for a quite long time, and then i change to nvidia. i don't wanna push u or something, but, i think u should give nvidia a try. seriously. especially if u're also a content creator like me.

Somehow DSR makes the game looks.worse. Its kinda blurry.

Basically, you get blurriness when the number of rendered pixels does not divide nicely into your monitor's hardware pixels. If you're using a 1920x1080 display, you will ideally need to go to 3840x2160 (so 4 rendered pixels = 1 monitor pixel) to prevent the image from blurring.

If you can't get good performance at 3840x2160, you'd probably be better off with ordinary AA at 1080p.

--

On topic: Forget pre-ordering, why even buy on release day? Wait a few months and the game will be half as expensive and the issues fixed (or at least, we'll know by then that the issues will never be fixed). Whatever pre-order bonuses they offered are usually free or nearly free DLC by that point anyway. Be smart and have patience and you'll always win in the end.

I've never played on AMD so i wouldnt know how it performs on there. I just know it performs pretty well on nvidia cards.

Basically, you get blurriness when the number of rendered pixels does not divide nicely into your monitor's hardware pixels. If you're using a 1920x1080 display, you will ideally need to go to 3840x2160 (so 4 rendered pixels = 1 monitor pixel) to prevent the image from blurring.

If you can't get good performance at 3840x2160, you'd probably be better off with ordinary AA at 1080p.

--

On topic: Forget pre-ordering, why even buy on release day? Wait a few months and the game will be half as expensive and the issues fixed (or at least, we'll know by then that the issues will never be fixed). Whatever pre-order bonuses they offered are usually free or nearly free DLC by that point anyway. Be smart and have patience and you'll always win in the end.

Nope.. My 780 wont go anywhere further than 1600.

1440 is a playable resolution.

Nope.. My 780 wont go anywhere further than 1600.

1440 is a playable resolution.

That's fine, but that's why DSR seems blurry. 2560x1440 is not the right number of pixels to divide cleanly for a 1920x1080 monitor.

Up to you if you want to use it like that, but in my opinion you'd get better results from sticking to 1080p and using ordinary antialiasing.

That's fine, but that's why DSR seems blurry. 2560x1440 is not the right number of pixels to divide cleanly for a 1920x1080 monitor.

Up to you if you want to use it like that, but in my opinion you'd get better results from sticking to 1080p and using ordinary antialiasing.

how about your DSR setting? what resolution that u're using with DSR?

this is kinda interesting, maybe we can learn together

how about your DSR setting? what resolution that u're using with DSR?

this is kinda interesting, maybe we can learn together

I'm using a single GTX 770, so I don't use DSR very often for actual play. Older games (like Mass Effect 2 and earlier) work okay at 4K for me, but otherwise I'm just running at 1080p with MSAA/SMAA/etc.

2560x1440 works on a single GTX 770 in way more games than this forum would have you believe, but 1080p + AA looks better on my native 1080p monitor in most cases.

I'm using a single GTX 770, so I don't use DSR very often for actual play. Older games (like Mass Effect 2 and earlier) work okay at 4K for me, but otherwise I'm just running at 1080p with MSAA/SMAA/etc.

2560x1440 works on a single GTX 770 in way more games than this forum would have you believe, but 1080p + AA looks better on my native 1080p monitor in most cases.

yea, my native resolution is 1920x1200 and i still can't put the AA on highest setting on many games.

i think 3GB of VRAM is still not enough for new AAA games today.