I'm travelling - Laptop recommendations

Okay, so I'm approaching the end of my A level studies this year, after which I plan on travelling in and off for a year. These trips will be anywhere from a week or two to several months at a time going round Asia and Europe. In terms of tech I'll be taking a Phone, DSLR and laptop with me. I've recently sold my Gaming PC to help fund this so gaming isn't on the menu at the moment. My dilemma is what I'm going to use for the odd gaming session for the next year as a desktop doesn't make sense at the moment. I was thinking of going for a cheaper laptop for travelling for safety but I'll be editing raw photos while I travel and also wouldn't mind being able to game. Should I buy a cheap one for travelling and a high end gaming laptop for home, or a single thin and light gaming notebook I can easily take with me? What are your recommendations? I'd rather shell out for just one laptop but I'm open to options :)

Usage case can be split into two laptops or for just a single laptop to cover them all:

Photo and Video editing

Blogging

Keeping in contact (social media)

Movies

Gaming

programming/other IT work

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

what is your budget

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply