Changing the OS of Samsung Netbook NP-N102S

saikotam

I have a Samsung Netbook NP-N102S. But since i have bought it, I ams stuck with Win 7 Starter Pack. This OS version is very limited, I do not have permissions to change the wallpaper and many other such stuff.... I have read at various place that the starter pack of win 7 is slower than the full version. I have tried the following:

1.) Tried to run the XP installation from usb....but the Install option is blocked.(have checked the installer on another computer....works fine)

2.) Tried to install XP by making a bootable pen drive with Win2USB.....Now a new problem.....during installation, the internal disc is not recognised.... XP is trying to get installed into the pen drive....tried Rufus to make the pendrive bootable OS.....same prob....internal HDD is not being identified...

Any help!!!

I have a Samsung Netbook NP-N102S. But since i have bought it, I ams stuck with Win 7 Starter Pack. This OS version is very limited, I do not have permissions to change the wallpaper and many other such stuff.... I have read at various place that the starter pack of win 7 is slower than the full version. I have tried the following:

1.) Tried to run the XP installation from usb....but the Install option is blocked.(have checked the installer on another computer....works fine)

2.) Tried to install XP by making a bootable pen drive with Win2USB.....Now a new problem.....during installation, the internal disc is not recognised.... XP is trying to get installed into the pen drive....tried Rufus to make the pendrive bootable OS.....same prob....internal HDD is not being identified...

Any help!!!

XP can't be installed from a USB. It's so old that it doesn't initialize the USB2 driver during boot, so your only option is to buy an external optical drive burn a CD. You can try your luck with a higher-level Windows 7 edition. I'm sure you'll find a copy of Home Premium for about $100.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I think you should highly consider Linux. Preferably Ubuntu if you are brand new to linux. Mint is another great alternative. I'm assuming that netbook is low spec and Linux will run much smoother than Windows (all versions) just because Linux is way less demanding. These distros can be bootable via USB if you know what you're doing.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

http://www.linuxmint.com/

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys!! sorry for the late reply....wil do it! :)

I think you should highly consider Linux. Preferably Ubuntu if you are brand new to linux. Mint is another great alternative. I'm assuming that netbook is low spec and Linux will run much smoother than Windows (all versions) just because Linux is way less demanding. These distros can be bootable via USB if you know what you're doing.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

http://www.linuxmint.com/

Yeah, Linux looks better than windows xp and can be more light weight the only problem is that the compatibility for certain games. But is does look like you would get more functionality out of Linux than windows 7 starter pack. If I were you make sure you get your windows 7 starter pack key or there might be a sticker on the bottom of your computer. Before wiping the drive just in case you want to revert. Make sure to do research before booting into Linux and backup any files you want to keep on a external HDD or usb.    

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m