Asus x99 Deluxe PCİ-E slots?!

For an example; i have two EVGA GTX980 SC ACX 2.0 graphics cards and i want to use the EVGA Pro 3-Way Sli bridge so there is more space inbetween the two graphics card for better cooling. I got a Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard. Now according to this scenario; If i plug the first GC into the first PCİ-E x16 and the second into the 4th PCİ-E slot instead into the 3rd how it suggest you to do it in the manual when going for a 2way sli;

Would i still get x16 speed off of both, the 1st and 4th PCİ-E slots if i were to plug the GC's in that order?

Note: CPU - İ7 5930K

Usually the order is x16 x8 x16 x8 and in this case another x8 so a 2 way bridge would work because of the spacing if you only use the x16 slots

Edit: that won't work because the 4th a lot iasnt x16 in the first place just do what the manual says

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I think you can go according to manual because it might cause damage to the card also.

For an example; i have two EVGA GTX980 SC ACX 2.0 graphics cards and i want to use the EVGA Pro 3-Way Sli bridge so there is more space inbetween the two graphics card for better cooling. I got a Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard. Now according to this scenario; If i plug the first GC into the first PCİ-E x16 and the second into the 4th PCİ-E slot instead into the 3rd how it suggest you to do it in the manual when going for a 2way sli;

Would i still get x16 speed off of both, the 1st and 4th PCİ-E slots if i were to plug the GC's in that order?

Note: CPU - İ7 5930K

you should be able to do that in the BIOS

also the board has a switch to switch between 2x to 3x SLi/CF

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.