Final water cooling questions before assembly!

Spev

So today I have all my parts and am putting together my loop (finally). First question is on my EK GPU water block it says compressions fittings thread must not be longer than 5mm, or if it is I have to use an included spacer. These are my fittings: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OMATFAU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1I also have a right angle one for the bottom of the graphics card but I assume it's the same thread length. So first off I want to make sure that these are ok. 

Then I have a question about CPU cooling. I'm thinking it won't make a difference, but I want to rotate my CPU block 90 degrees. So that the input is on the bottom and the output is on top of it, not traditionally like side to side. I'm assuming this won't affect CPU cooling at all?

Lastly I guess it's too late for this, but I noticed on my EK GPU block instructions they even recommend using  electrically non-conductive thermal paste of some kind on the thermal pads to increase cooling. I'm not sure if the paste I have on hand is ok, or if I should even worry about this. I have Arctic Silver 5 and the Noctua NT-H1 on hand.  

P.S. Installing water block on my GPU as we speak.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Do I leave this black plate on? Or I guess it's not a backplate, but you get what I mean. post-155082-0-27050000-1422575116_thumb.

post-155082-0-27050000-1422575116_thumb.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

No you don't

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

No you don't

LOL. I felt so dumb after posting this. Turns out you DO...wanna know why? Because all the thermal pads you have to install are on the components BELOW that plate. There would be no way you could have it there. I got everything installed now just gonna be working on tubing.

Rotating the CPU won't be a problem on the LGA1150 socket as it is a square mounting pattern and shouldn't have any noticeable effect on cooling.

Go with NT-H1 for the thermal paste using a small 2-3mm blob of it on the GPU die.

I am addicted to building gaming PCs but I don't have a great reason to stop...yet...

Wait.. Don't we have the same GPU?! WHAT BLOCK IS THAT?! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE.

Edit: no we don't. I haz the lower end model. Looked at your build log.