NCIX Experiences

Silent_Xaxal

I have one major beef with NCIX is that their "free shipping" doesn't apply to me. Unless you live in certain areas (and they don't tell you which ones, just that you don't apply) you have to pay for the shipping yourself. Which in itself isn't bad, but it's kind of a kick in the teeth when you are trying to comparison shop.

Aside from that I only had a few sort of bad experiences with them. I ordered some parts and got tracking info from Canada Post saying the order had been picked up from their warehouse from Mississauga but no other updates and the estimated delivery time had lapsed. I called them up and they said that Canada Post never actually picked up the package so it was an error on their part. Then I get new tracking information from Canada Post saying my package started to ship from BC. So either they fucked up or my package grew legs and walked across the country. And while walking boxes is funny it was probably a fuckup because I ordered stuff on Boxing Day, kinda understandable but still kind of a piss off.

Another thing they do that's kind of shitty is if you need to call in to ask about an order you can only be on hold for half an hour; after that time you are automatically sent to voicemail. So you wait and wait and wait and you hear your place in queue get closer and closer to the front and then BAM "please leave a message after the beep". Nothing is going to piss you off more than getting voice mail after waiting that long, especially when you aren't told that that is going to happen and you think you are going to talk to a human. On the plus side, if you bitch them out ask them a question on Twitter they will respond to your problem pretty quickly.

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

I find the staff in their stores have a real holier than thou attitude.

Other than that, same as any other bigger business really.

So basically assholes ???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I live in Canada and my experience with them have been great. I have been buying my tech stuff from them for the pat couple years. I recently built 5 new computers for my friends and I and bought all the parts from them in stores. Water-cooling and LED stuff takes forever to arrive though. Everything else is pretty good.

first purchase might take a bit longer to process than normal, otherwise NCIX are as good as the next.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Syntaxvgm, on 30 Jan 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

Ncix has the absolute worst website of any large online seller. 

There is no excuse. The shopping experience is like physically painful. 

please elaborate

i have a ncix outlet 10 minutes away from my house, they are absolutely amazing. customer service is absolutely amazing. ive had a faulty 970, dead pixel monitor and a shitty ssd and they accepted all of them for replacements. they are always fast and nice :)

please elaborate

warning nsfl 

http://www.ncix.com/category/solid-state-drives-ssd-f6-1275.htm

every page on this site is a new horrible adventure. 

http://www.ncix.com/promo/BigGame2015.htm

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch