Disconnected internet with a twist, please help!

Go to solution Solved by ErickS89,

I've had these issues before with routers, I had to reset them every time which seemed to solve the problem.

Have you tried hard resetting the router?

I have had this problem for a couple of days. The router shows that all lights are working fine, but when I browse, almost everytime I get the message of no connection. The webpage loads itself after I have refreshed it a couple of times. But then if I open another site, I get the same no connection message. All the lights on the router are fine.

I proceeded to remove and attach all the cables, restarted the router, but still the same problem. I read somewhere that ipconfig /dnsflush in the command prompt would do the trick, but still nothing changed. Then I read about ipconfig release and renew. Tried both, rebooted my PC, but still i have the same problem. 

When I connect my smartphone through wifi, it says that the router has no internet access. And on my notification icons on bottom right side of the desktop, it shows that I am connected to the internet. The yellow triangle is not there. I have my PC connected through a wired connection. I tried all the LAN ports on my router as well.

Now the twist is that I am able to download stuff through torrents. I had some pending downloads, when I resumed them, they worked!! So I am able to download through torrent, but the browsing experience is a disaster with me trying to refresh again and again. Most of the times it works, rest of the times I give up. I dont see any sluggishness in the download speed.

I tried on different browsers(Chrome[default], IE, Firefox, Opera)  as well but still the same issues persists.

Any help is appreciated. Thank You

Hm, not sure with wired connection as I don't have much experience with them but, my first thought was that maybe a driver is interfering though I doubt this is the problem.

If you're friends with your neighbour, maybe you could connect to their wifi(of course means you'll need a wireless card unless your mobo has one or a really long cable) and see if the problem lies with the router or your computer. I can't think of another solution.

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

Try to log into your router. Do this by starting cmd(Command prompt) and typing ipconfig and copying the ip in your browser. Cross check this with the settings provided by your provider. After that it might be an idea to call your provider and ask them to check your connection. (they can see whether the problem is on your or on their end).

z0ne

Edit: If you dont know the password needed to log into your router its usually the default, you can find it by searching your router model No.
Edit 2: Dont forget to check your used bandwith right now vs. maximum available, maybe someone else in your house is torrenting it up.

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

Hm, not sure with wired connection as I don't have much experience with them but, my first thought was that maybe a driver is interfering though I doubt this is the problem.

If you're friends with your neighbour, maybe you could connect to their wifi(of course means you'll need a wireless card unless your mobo has one or a really long cable) and see if the problem lies with the router or your computer. I can't think of another solution.

Cant do that. I live on the top floor of an apartment building, and the only nearest person who has internet lives two floors below mine.  :'(

Try to log into your router. Do this by starting cmd(Command prompt) and typing ipconfig and copying the ip in your browser. Cross check this with the settings provided by your provider. After that it might be an idea to call your provider and ask them to check your connection. (they can see whether the problem is on your or on their end).

z0ne

Edit: If you dont know the password needed to log into your router its usually the default, you can find it by searching your router model No.

Edit 2: Dont forget to check your used bandwith right now vs. maximum available, maybe someone else in your house is torrenting it up.

I did try that, but it says No Data Received. The IP is correct as it matched with the IP given on the bottom of the router as well.

New update, I still face the same issue on my PC. But my brothers PC, which is in another room is able to connect and browse properly by using his mobile as a wifi adapter. SO, its possibly either my PC or the wired connection or the router. 

I've had these issues before with routers, I had to reset them every time which seemed to solve the problem.

Have you tried hard resetting the router?

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I've had these issues before with routers, I had to reset them every time which seemed to solve the problem. Have you tried hard resetting the router?

I would do that, but then I would need to get the router settings from the ISP to setup the router. Also, Im not doing that right now because when I go to the router page to login, I get an error stating No Data Received

I would do that, but then I would need to get the router settings from the ISP to setup the router. Also, Im not doing that right now because when I go to the router page to login, I get an error stating No Data Received

I see, you have a modem(dsl or cable?) Your ISP settings should populate automatically via phone line for DSL or cable for well cable. Hit the reset button on the back and hold until it reboots, I thought you were using a router like linksys wrt1900ac and your modem from your provider.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

If there's no way of testing your PC on a different internet connection, not much else you can really try without resetting the router.

You could try setting up a ping test  start > cmd > ping 8.8.8.8 -t       and see if that's stable (Should be a solid consistency in the results)

Otherwise can you try to load www.pingtest.net or www.speedtest.net and see what these come up with?

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

I see, you have a modem(dsl or cable?) Your ISP settings should populate automatically via phone line for DSL or cable for well cable. Hit the reset button on the back and hold until it reboots, I thought you were using a router like linksys wrt1900ac and your modem from your provider.

Well, i am just running a virus scan just to make sure everything is in proper order. If that doesnt solve it, will reset the modem(i didnt know they were different from routers) Well, If the settings get applied automatically I will let you know asap, and if i dont reply, well, my isp sucks then.

If there's no way of testing your PC on a different internet connection, not much else you can really try without resetting the router.

You could try setting up a ping test  start > cmd > ping 8.8.8.8 -t       and see if that's stable (Should be a solid consistency in the results)

Otherwise can you try to load www.pingtest.net or www.speedtest.net and see what these come up with?

ping test in cmd prompt isnt that consistent

t4AEbB.png