Don’t Stress About Smartwatch Battery Life—It’s A 500 Year Old Problem

Builder

Just FYI, watch battery life issues are not a 500 year old problem. The first battery ever invented was in 1800, 1749 if you want to call Benjamin Franklin's linked capacitors a battery. It wasn’t until the 1950's before a battery powered watch was actually released. At most, this is a 65 year old problem.

Just FYI, watch battery life issues are not a 500 year old problem. The first battery ever invented was in 1800, 1749 if you want to call Benjamin Franklin's linked capacitors a battery. It wasn’t until the 1950's before a battery powered watch was actually released. At most, this is a 65 year old problem.

Read the article...

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

You know what Builder, what I said the last time I wrote to you in this forum when you decided to leave still stands. I'm tired of you. I will go back to my policy of ignoring you again.

Touché

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Read the article...

The article is comparing power stored in a mechanical device vs an electrical device. Regardless, the title is implying that the battery life for electrical watches has been an issue for 500 years.

It's no different than if i said "Don’t Stress About a vehicle's fuel range—It’s A 6000 Year Old Problem" and then went on to talk about how wagons had a limit on how far the donkeys and horses could pull them.

The article is comparing power stored in a mechanical device vs an electrical device. Regardless, the title is implying that the battery life for electrical watches has been an issue for 500 years.

Honestly I'm baffled.

Are people here to dense to understand metaphor? 

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

So article mentions pebble which has a lot better battery life but goes on deffending Apple Smartwatch battery life. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Because it sucks and somebody just needs to feel better when buying it ? Perhaps. We shall see what reviewers tell us :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Honestly I'm baffled.

Are people here to dense to understand metaphor? 

yes.

It's no different than if i said "Don’t Stress About a vehicle's fuel range—It’s A 6000 Year Old Problem" and then went on to talk about how wagons had a limit on how far the donkeys and horses could pull them.

in otherwords, this user is taking issue with the title, and only the title. why? because he can. he is restating what the following quote says:

The title is clickbait

"The title is a metaphor"

"The title is clickbait"

imo, they are both accurate. metaphor, intended to get clicks: clickbait.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

imo, they are both accurate. metaphor, intended to get clicks: clickbait.

Honestly if you guys think this is clickbait...I'm at a loss. THIS IS A MEDIUM POST, for christ's sake. There is no incentive to get moar clicks.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Anyway on topic, I personally don't see the point of a smart watch, maybe it's just me I'm totally fine with just a phone. 

same thoughts here,

why wear a wrist watch if you have a phone? but when I worked in an office with strict phone restrictions, was d@mn glad i have a watch..

on smart watch, i'll probably do that when facebook is also blocked here in the office desktop