I have a PC planned out, I'm at the final stages of editing the build, its a super tight budget of 1k including tax

The place where I'm stuck is do I want

fx 6300 with r9 290

or 

fx 8320 with r9 280x?

Will the fx 6300 slow the r9 290 down or limit it in anyway?

This is my first ever pc build so I dont know too much on which parts should go with what. Please dont recommend any parts that are more expensive than what I have because these builds are right at the edge of the budget 

The links to by build thoughts are

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Ashifkillz/saved/24RH99

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Ashifkillz/saved/q8sscf

Fortunately for the 280x build I am able to use a good card from gigabyte, their rev 3 of the windforce. As for the 290 build I can only use the cheaper Asus one, I heard it has heating problems for some people. A bit of thoughts on the Asus card would be nice too. The mobo seems to be okay for me, but could someone make sure that its a decent one? Thanks!

I'd go with the r9 280x build now because of the better processor, but what I'd really recommend is waiting until you have another 50 dollars to get the r9 290 as its a much newer chip design. 

My Build

- i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI z87m Mobo - 16Gb 1866MHz RAM - MSI R9 290 - Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb - 2 x 1Tb WD Blue - CX600m - H55 AIO cooler - Fractal Node 804 - Lg 25um64-s Ultrawide screen monitor -  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/colec18/saved/9FKXsY

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r9dLYJ

that right there is a solid 8320 build. You can easily tinker with certain to tickle your fancy (brand of RAM, video card, PSU, etc)

Save a bit after your rig, get a better cooler, you can OC the shit out of that baby, an an SSD, etc.

If you're sticking with one of the above, get the 8350. The proc is better. Try to stick with a 900fx mobo too.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I have a PC planned out, I'm at the final stages of editing the build, its a super tight budget of 1k including tax

fx 6300 with r9 290

or 

fx 8320 with r9 280x?

This is my first ever pc build so I dont know too much on which parts should go with what. Please dont recommend any parts that are more expensive than what I have because these builds are right at the edge of the budget 

Fortunately for the 280x build I am able to use a good card from gigabyte, their rev 3 of the windforce. As for the 290 build I can only use the cheaper Asus one, I heard it has heating problems for some people. A bit of thoughts on the Asus card would be nice too. The mobo seems to be okay for me, but could someone make sure that its a decent one? Thanks!

This should probably be in new builds and planning but because you are new, thought you should know.

Second what are you planning on doing with this build? Gaming, Content Creation or General use or a little bit of everything?

For general use the best CPUs would be AMD Athlon X4 860K, Intel Pentium G3460, Intel i3 4150

For gaming (Not OCing [Overclocking]) the best ones would be Intel i5 4430 or 4430

For content creation you'd probably be best going with like an Intel Xeon E3-1220 v3.

Though if you're sold on getting an FX series CPU then probably you'd be better off with and FX 8320 and R9 280X and as someone mentioned earlier 990FX is the chipset you should try to stick to.

(Note - I was price checking on the US Intel and AMD site so yeah prices are probably going to be different.)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Look's solid but if you're gaming the i5 is much more cost effective however if you're doing content creating then the 8320 will be good.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

fx 6300 with r9 290

or 

fx 8320 with r9 280x?

here is a much powerful build and it fits your budget

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($213.98 @ DirectCanada)

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($88.95 @ Vuugo)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($77.94 @ DirectCanada)

Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($82.98 @ DirectCanada)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.70 @ DirectCanada)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($194.99 @ NCIX)

Case: BitFenix Neos White ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.29 @ DirectCanada)

Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ NCIX)

Total: $807.82

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-27 23:05 EST-0500

Base Total: $872.82   Mail-in Rebates: -$65.00   Total: $807.82  

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

This should probably be in new builds and planning but because you are new, thought you should know.

Second what are you planning on doing with this build? Gaming, Content Creation or General use or a little bit of everything?

For general use the best CPUs would be AMD Athlon X4 860K, Intel Pentium G3460, Intel i3 4150

For gaming (Not OCing [Overclocking]) the best ones would be Intel i5 4430 or 4430

For content creation you'd probably be best going with like an Intel Xeon E3-1220 v3.

Though if you're sold on getting an FX series CPU then probably you'd be better off with and FX 8320 and R9 280X and as someone mentioned earlier 990FX is the chipset you should try to stick to.

(Note - I was price checking on the US Intel site so yeah prices are probably going to be different.)

Well I'll be mostly gaming on this, a lot of far cry 4 and skyrim, maybe a tad bit of 3D digital art using 3ds max or something. Basically this will by my gaming rig for the next 2-3 years, and yes I will check out a 990fx, I'll have to modify what you gave since those seem to be the US prices, thanks for your input

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r9dLYJ

that right there is a solid 8320 build. You can easily tinker with certain to tickle your fancy (brand of RAM, video card, PSU, etc)

Save a bit after your rig, get a better cooler, you can OC the shit out of that baby, an an SSD, etc.

If you're sticking with one of the above, get the 8350. The proc is better. Try to stick with a 900fx mobo too.

Could you explain the difference that a 900fx mobo would provide? Mobos are where I really start to get lost.

Could you explain the difference that a 900fx mobo would provide? Mobos are where I really start to get lost.

990FX is a newer chipset and is generally better than older chipsets.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization