Windows 8.1

amunj

I've re-installed Windows 8 for a couple reasons:

VLC crashing

EVE Online randomly crashing

I did try the ATI 8.1 preview drivers.

That was enough for me to just wait for the release.

I will wait till the full Win 8.1 comes out as a windows update.

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

I've re-installed Windows 8 for a couple reasons:

VLC crashing

EVE Online randomly crashing

I did try the ATI 8.1 preview drivers.

That was enough for me to just wait for the release.

I can't say for EVE, but VLC works for me. Skype crashes on me silently. And SkyDrive desktop app crashes silently, and Skydrive Modern UI app doesn't work once you log-in.

My problem, is that the text "Mozilla Firefox" on the tile doesn't show... it's the only tile with the issue.

I tried removing and pinning it back, even unpin, complete uninstall, and re-install of Firefox. Strange.

I did the upgrade method.

I think I need to do a clean install with the ISO method.

I can't say for EVE, but VLC works for me. Skype crashes on me silently. And SkyDrive desktop app crashes silently, and Skydrive Modern UI app doesn't work once you log-in.

My problem, is that the text "Mozilla Firefox" on the tile doesn't show... it's the only tile with the issue.

I tried removing and pinning it back, even unpin, complete uninstall, and re-install of Firefox. Strange.

I did the upgrade method.

I think I need to do a clean install with the ISO method.

VLC works for me too. SkyDrive Modern UI works too. And I also get that weird Firefox bug... might be because they offer a Metro version too?

*sits on good ol windows 7*

hehehehehe ^_^

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Let me rephrase my VLC error, it said there was an error every time I launched it, if I select No to send the bug report it actually worked.  It was just the quirkiness that was bothering me, and EVE didn't crash by itself, but when I would run Evemon a small utility, it would crash EVE.  I'm assuming something to do with the the windows desktop graphics manager, something I believe that is changed in 8.1 and is just most likely a graphics driver issue.

I'm not upset about it, EVE actually JUST said their client is Windows 8 certified, getting close to a year after W8 release.. May take them until 2014 to certify 8.1.