Whats your favorite little experiment?

Hey all.

So I've got a project where I have to do a short (3-5min) presentation on a hobby, craft, or science experiment that I'm interested in. I also need to provide the necessary materials for 2 people to participate (probably kids).

I thought it would be an interesting topic for the forums as a 'WWYD?' sort of question. When I was young I did a bunch of those 'simple experiments' with household stuff, and I know some members did too.

I'm probably going to do the lemon-battery experiment as its easy, simple, and interesting.'

So tell me forum, whats your favorite simple experiment?

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

when i was a kid we used to make little rockets out of vinegar, baking soda, and camera film capsules :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Elephants toothpaste was my favorite.

What that one? 

This one is pretty cheap and interesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homopolar_motor

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Electricity (Wiring up your own dollhouse to attach lighting, etc) 

CPU: Intel Core I74790k

when i was a kid we used to make little rockets out of vinegar, baking soda, and camera film capsules :)

I still do that, haha.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Looks aweosme! never did it thugh

I still do that, haha.

Hahah thats teh way to go ;) 

Heh, glad to see some other people who like to make a mess of their kitchens ;) .

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.