OMG! Opera changed...again.

How has the chromium based opera 'changed its style'? I'm using opera 28 and it looks nearly identical to the first opera 15 release from what I can see...

In the last version they included some "Metro" style bar at the left (that is now placed in the bottom), the icons were smaller and didn't show the actua content of the webpages but instead they were just colourful icons i really wish i had made any screencap before it changed to show you guys how it was, So basically  it just returned to what it used to be but it looks ugly for me.

Don't get mad, get even...

In the last version they included some "Metro" style bar at the left (that is now placed in the bottom), the icons were smaller and didn't show the actua content of the webpages but instead they were just colourful icons i really wish i had made any screencap before it changed to show you guys how it was, So basically  it just returned to what it used to be but it looks ugly for me.

I do agree about the bar moving to the bottom, I wasn't a fan of that change (I personally preferred it when it was at the top like in the opera 15 screenshot).

The tiles you describe were only available when you enabled the experimental speed dial flag, and they did make some changes to that recently so it no longer has the 'text based' tiles. Since the new SD is an experimental flag changes are to be expected though, but I do hope they bring back those tiles.

I think I have a hunch on the direction they are going in the new speed dial though. Since they are currently working on converting the speed dial to use the same storage backend as the bookmarks manager, I think in the future they will be further integrating the speed dial and the bookmarks manager. You can see that with the new bookmarks button in the address bar, you can actually choose which kind of thumbnail to use, including the text based style:

7te4ITO.png

So my educated guess is that in the future they will allow you to do this with speed dial as well (at least I hope so) 

I do agree about the bar moving to the bottom, I wasn't a fan of that change (I personally preferred it when it was at the top like in the opera 15 screenshot).

The tiles you describe were only available when you enabled the experimental speed dial flag, and they did make some changes to that recently so it no longer has the 'text based' tiles. Since the new SD is an experimental flag changes are to be expected though, but I do hope they bring back those tiles.

I think I have a hunch on the direction they are going in the new speed dial though. Since they are currently working on converting the speed dial to use the same storage backend as the bookmarks manager, I think in the future they will be further integrating the speed dial and the bookmarks manager. You can see that with the new bookmarks button in the address bar, you can actually choose which kind of thumbnail to use, including the text based style:

7te4ITO.png

So my educated guess is that in the future they will allow you to do this with speed dial as well (at least I hope so) 

I hope you're right, since it was such a short time i actually enjoyed using Opera :(

Don't get mad, get even...

Chrome and Chromium are nearly the same thing. Chrome just has some implementations from Google that Chromium doesn't have--essentially Google Chrome without the Google. It's a lot like Android and reskins of it; TouchWiz is basically Android without Google's stuff, the only exception being the Play Store.

And the fact that TouchWiz is slow as fuck. Not the case with Chromium and Chrome.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

And the fact that TouchWiz is slow as fuck. Not the case with Chromium and Chrome.

Just replace Touchwiz with Cyanogen in that anology then ;)