Corsair GS700 ticking when fan isn't spinning

Now as you may know the GS700's fan stops when it can... But when it does there is an audible ticking noise. The noise goes away when the fan spins up, then comes back when it stops. Any ideas on how to solve it or what can be ticking?

P.S. RMA-ing isn't an option. If it can't be fixed I have to live with it. :(

Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming || AMD Ryzen R5 3600 || Cooler Master Hyper 212+ || 16GB G. Skill RAM 3133Mhz (OC) || Samsung 850 || Seagate 500GB &1TB HDD || EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 FTW || Cooler Master 500w power supply || Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed - Blackout Edition

24" Dell S2340M + Apple Cinema Display || Corsair K65 RGB || Logitech G602

Corsair offers advanced RMA, so youd have no downtime.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

It came with a used system I bought and thus I have no info that would have came with it.

Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming || AMD Ryzen R5 3600 || Cooler Master Hyper 212+ || 16GB G. Skill RAM 3133Mhz (OC) || Samsung 850 || Seagate 500GB &1TB HDD || EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 FTW || Cooler Master 500w power supply || Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed - Blackout Edition

I dont think thats good. The old Gs series of power supplies had quite a few problems with it over heating, catching fire, destroying cables and things that are linked to them. Be very weary of that power supply and get a new one just in case.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The new 2013 edition has no problems that need noting of so if its that edition then your problem isnt as extreme.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This one is about a month old, it has the fan grill that only goes one direction. I took a closer look and it appears the fan is vibrating...

Now as you may know the GS700's fan stops when it can... But when it does there is an audible ticking noise. The noise goes away when the fan spins up, then comes back when it stops. Any ideas on how to solve it or what can be ticking?

P.S. RMA-ing isn't an option. If it can't be fixed I have to live with it. :(

How loud is the tick? a lot of high powered graphics cards and PSUs have coil whine and it is almost impossible to avoid, it is considered normal if its a soft consistent hum, if it bothers you you can always rma, coil whine does not necessarily indicate a problem, for instance my NEX 1500 SuperNova emits a small consistent hum when my computer is powered off as there is a slight load on the PSU with the built in USB controller and the system off charging for usb devices, this ultra low load causes a hum as it is a load amount that is rather uneven on the components (5V rail loaded and all others with no load), this probelm dissapears when the system is powered on and everything works flawlessly.

It is not very loud, if I used a case I probably wouldn't hear it. Knowing how Linus is with silent systems I am sure he would hear it. It is not coil whine, it is the fan. I remember him saying some fans don't under-volt well and I think that may be a part of the problem. When the fan stops it vibrates ever so slightly. It seems like the characteristics of PWM and the pulses of 12 volts maybe the fan should actually be spinning and since it isn't it just vibrates to the pulses. However the fan does spin up and shut down according to load. Maybe it is an issue with the fan...

On a separate note do you think it is worth it to contact Corsair even though this system is second hand?

I've had this tick and the Gs700, before the 2013 edition, it ticked incredibly loudly and I just rma'd it.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7