Wet phone

WyvernAbstracts

My brother got his phone wet and he thought it would be a smart idea to try turn it on after wiping it down. Didn't work so he he thought of a smarter idea by trying to charge it. I think it's pretty much gone, but he still holds hope. Is a phone that is wet and has had power gone through it repairable without a big expensive or nawh? Phone is only an s3 so not the end of the world

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

My brother got his phone wet and he thought it would be a smart idea to try turn it on after wiping it down. Didn't work so he he thought of a smarter idea by trying to charge it. I think it's pretty much gone, but he still holds hope. Is a phone that is wet and has had power gone through it repairable without a big expensive or nawh? Phone is only an s3 so not the end of the world

If he already put power to it it's most probably fried already, but he can try to put it in a bowl of uncooked rice overnight, he might be lucky

Try rice for a night or two or an alcohol bath as a last resort, it most likely done unfortunately, for repair they more than often will replace the entire main motherboard on the phone and go from there and do testing.

A lot of people prefer rice.  You can also try a hairdryer, but don't hold it too close to the phone (don't cook it) or find a place with warm ambient temperature and leave it there for a few days.

Wife has a S4 Zoom (S4 with a purpose-built camera in) which our 15-month old daughter decided to drop in the toilet (it was clean, if you're wondering).  Phone was drowned, wife did switch it on, screen went wonky, then switched it off...

Left it in a very warm place (not direct sunlight) and a week later it works 100%, camera, lens, everything.  Great advertisement for Samsung IMO.

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz | Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower Max AC | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz | GPU: MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G TwinFrozr V | Case: NZXT Switch 810 SE | Cooler: Corsair H105 Hydro |

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Storage: WD Caviar Black 3TB | Displays: Samsung P2450 & Samsung 2232GW | Keyboard: Tesoro Colada G3NL Black Aluminum (Cherry MX Brown)

Hi,

You made a mistake by charging it.. You should have dryer the phone in sun or using a hair dryer. 

Sorry to say this... Making your phone work is not possible.. Try to get a new mobile.. 

Depending on how much corrosion has gotten to the components it may have shorted out something. Only way to tell for sure is to leave it for a few days in rice in a warm environment then try it.

"Rawr XD"