HTC to sponsor major esports teams including Cloud9, Team Liquid, and TSM

Though articles can be found on the different web pages for each organization, the development is summed up quite succinctly here: http://www.dailydot.com/esports/htc-esports-team-liquid-cloud9-team-solomid/   

While TSM is primarily known for League of Legends, Cloud 9 has a number of different teams with their premier team arguably also being their League of Legends team. Team Liquid is perhaps, the most storied of these organizations. Founded in 2000 with a broodwar clan, Team Liquid now has teams ranging in several titles from StarCraft II, DOTA2, Hearthstone, Smash, CS:GO and most recently the acquisition of the main sponsor spot behind the LCS team formerly known as Curse. 

For the TL;DR, the article basically talks about how HTC is the latest in the line of large corporations to begin sponsoring competitive esports teams (other companies including Coke, Nissan, and American Express). Reactions from the teams on the pairing are taken, and each team expresses gratitude and excitement about being able to pair with HTC. 

I personally think this is really neat to continue to see major companies beginning to sponsor esports teams. While they are still a tech company, it's a different level of sponsorship when you don't make a product that you expect to have the team be using in game (nothing that there is wrong with companies like Logitech, Razer, HyperX, etc... sponsoring teams). The way I see it, the more sponsors the merrier! Perhaps we'll even see esports on mainstream TV, and not ESPN 8, the Ocho (or 3 or whatever it was). 

How do you guys/gals feel about other big companies beginning to sponsor esports teams? Do you think it's a good thing, or are there concerns with major corporate sponsors? 

Awesome, Hopefully these company's aren't extremely picky about players not using their products in videos/interviews.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

More sponsors for eSports is better.

but personally I think HTC in particular should use that money towards other efforts. 

Cloud9 ha ha.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Cloud9 ha ha.

hay dont talk about cloud9 like that

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

hay dont talk about cloud9 like that

Until they stop disappointing me...

1509932_925373240819923_7886953213802231

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Good for everyone, though small HTC gets some extra exposure and teams get some extra spending cash to attend out of country tournaments