Ethernet not working

Speedbird

Hello.

Yesterday I built my friend a computer, and now he can't connect to his home network via Ethernet. He goes through the troubleshooter, which says that the network doesn't have an IP configuration. I asked him to reinstall the LAN drivers, still no luck. His motherboard is an Asus B85M-G, OS is 64-bit Windows 8.1

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

thats because his network doesnt have provide him IP. Set DHCP server correctly.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

@Speedbird

Did you check to see if it's the Ethernet cable is the problem?

Get a laptop or something and plug it in Ethernet port see if you get internet. 

If you don't it the cable is probably dirty try rub some alcohol on it and wait for it to dry (blow on it make it dry faster) and then try again. 

thats because his network doesnt have provide him IP. Set DHCP server correctly.

Everyone else in his house has internet, don't think that's the problem.

@Speedbird

If you don't it the cable is probably dirty try rub some alcohol on it and wait for it to dry (blow on it make it dry faster) and then try again. 

I'll ask him to try that, thanks.

@Speedbird

Didn't work, but WiFi is fine.