Possible Motherboard issue?

It's rare that I post on a forum like this seeking help but I am just at a loss, so I turn to you, fellow Linus Tech Tips members. 

Recently, about 5 months ago, I finally got together my gaming desktop. [Which I will post the parts of for reference after the explanation.] After having it together for about a week or so, I began to notice random freezing while I was browsing the internet using Google Chrome. This immediately sent up red flags as I had only just built the machine and everything at that point was just running off of an SSD with no bottlenecks that I could see happening anywhere. At first I assumed it might be because of the NIC software that came with the mobo, so I got rid of that. Then I assumed it was because of the NIC drivers, so I re-installed them fresh, right from Broadcom, and not from my mobo manufacturer this time. Finally given it was happening only, as far as I could see, in Google Chrome I got rid of every shred of chrome from my PC by uninstalling and then deleting all files and folders associated with it. Then I tried re-installing it, and began getting the same freezing. After that I tired using Firefox and while it seemed to happen less often with Chrome and to a lesser extent, with a the freezing lasting for a shorter time, it was still happening. Since the installation was still pretty fresh and I didn't have much on it, I re-installed Windows. After getting things set up just enough to the point that I needed them to be. I began to browse again and...the same issue began popping up. In both Firefox and Chrome. It's causing me confusion because none of my other internet based applications such as playing games or being on instant message and voice chat programs seem to cause the freeze up to happen when just they are running and the internet browsers aren't open. 

Another issue I'm having is shortly after the re-install and dealing with this first problem, I started up my PC one day to find a BIOS message telling me that my default settings were loaded. All of my overclock settings in BIOS we're just reset to default. Though, strangely enough, all of my saved profiles were still there. So I just had to load my favorite up, not a huge deal. The problem is that this keeps happening, and it's growing more frequent every day. The time isn't being reset so I'm not drawn to think it's the CMOS battery. The CMOS jumper is in the correct position and since it only happens some of the time I don't think it's that. I'm not sure what could be causing this and I'm not sure if it's related. But my first thought was possible mobo issues given the BIOS issues popping up after the freezing.

I've been putting up with the freezing whilst trying to find solutions in various places but now with the BIOS issue I'm just at the end of my patience. 

So TL:DR;

Freezing issues when browsing.

Have tried: Uninstalling browsers, drivers, and NIC software. Re-installing Windows. Different Network connections. Different cables. Updating BIOS.

My current system configuration is:

AMD FX-8350

ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 Mhz. [2x 8GB Dual Channel Kit]

MSI Reference R9 290

Corsair AX760 Power Supply

Samsung 840 Evo SSD

And finally a WD Black HDD

And I have Win 7 x64 Ultimate running on it. 

Before it comes up. I got the mobo second hand off of a friend who recently upgraded his build. So RMAing it is not an option. And to make it even shittier, I can't find a new one through any of my normal PC part channels which sort of sucks.

Any help that anyone can provide would be very much appreciated. 

I'm sorry if I maybe put this in the wrong area of the forums and if I did could someone help me out with where to put it?

AMDemolition: CPU: AMD FX-8350 w/ Antec KUHLER H20 920, Motherboard:  Gigabyte 990FX UD3-R5, RAM: 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 Mhz., GPU: MSI R9 290 4GB w/ Corsair HG-A1 w/ Corsair H80i Cooler, Case: NZXT H440Storage: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD BlackPSU: Corsair AX760i, Display: Samsung 29" WFHD 2560x1080

ASUS G74SX ROG Laptop: CPU: Intel Core i7 2630MRAM: 2x 4GB 1333 Mhz., 2x 2GB 1333 Mhz., GPU: NVIDIA 560M 2GBStorage:  500GB Samsung 750 EVO, 500GB WD BlackDisplay: 17.3" 1600x900

It's rare that I post on a forum like this seeking help but I am just at a loss, so I turn to you, fellow Linus Tech Tips members. 

Recently, about 5 months ago, I finally got together my gaming desktop. [Which I will post the parts of for reference after the explanation.] After having it together for about a week or so, I began to notice random freezing while I was browsing the internet using Google Chrome. This immediately sent up red flags as I had only just built the machine and everything at that point was just running off of an SSD with no bottlenecks that I could see happening anywhere. At first I assumed it might be because of the NIC software that came with the mobo, so I got rid of that. Then I assumed it was because of the NIC drivers, so I re-installed them fresh, right from Broadcom, and not from my mobo manufacturer this time. Finally given it was happening only, as far as I could see, in Google Chrome I got rid of every shred of chrome from my PC by uninstalling and then deleting all files and folders associated with it. Then I tried re-installing it, and began getting the same freezing. After that I tired using Firefox and while it seemed to happen less often with Chrome and to a lesser extent, with a the freezing lasting for a shorter time, it was still happening. Since the installation was still pretty fresh and I didn't have much on it, I re-installed Windows. After getting things set up just enough to the point that I needed them to be. I began to browse again and...the same issue began popping up. In both Firefox and Chrome. It's causing me confusion because none of my other internet based applications such as playing games or being on instant message and voice chat programs seem to cause the freeze up to happen when just they are running and the internet browsers aren't open. 

Another issue I'm having is shortly after the re-install and dealing with this first problem, I started up my PC one day to find a BIOS message telling me that my default settings were loaded. All of my overclock settings in BIOS we're just reset to default. Though, strangely enough, all of my saved profiles were still there. So I just had to load my favorite up, not a huge deal. The problem is that this keeps happening, and it's growing more frequent every day. The time isn't being reset so I'm not drawn to think it's the CMOS battery. The CMOS jumper is in the correct position and since it only happens some of the time I don't think it's that. I'm not sure what could be causing this and I'm not sure if it's related. But my first thought was possible mobo issues given the BIOS issues popping up after the freezing.

I've been putting up with the freezing whilst trying to find solutions in various places but now with the BIOS issue I'm just at the end of my patience. 

So TL:DR;

Freezing issues when browsing.

Have tried: Uninstalling browsers, drivers, and NIC software. Re-installing Windows. Different Network connections. Different cables. Updating BIOS.

My current system configuration is:

AMD FX-8350

ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 Mhz. [2x 8GB Dual Channel Kit]

MSI Reference R9 290

Corsair AX760 Power Supply

Samsung 840 Evo SSD

And finally a WD Black HDD

And I have Win 7 x64 Ultimate running on it. 

Before it comes up. I got the mobo second hand off of a friend who recently upgraded his build. So RMAing it is not an option. And to make it even shittier, I can't find a new one through any of my normal PC part channels which sort of sucks.

Any help that anyone can provide would be very much appreciated. 

I'm sorry if I maybe put this in the wrong area of the forums and if I did could someone help me out with where to put it?

This should have been posted in troubleshooting, but that's okay :)  anyways, have you noticed freezing in any other applications?  I don't think that this is a mobo thing to be honest.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

This should have been posted in troubleshooting, but that's okay :)  anyways, have you noticed freezing in any other applications?  I don't think that this is a mobo thing to be honest.

Wow. I'm blind. I completely missed that heading. I scrolled up and down the front page like 3 times. >_<

I have only noticed it in the browsers. But the BIOS thing says to me the mobo is messed up regardless of the freezing issue. I just figured I would post both to see what I could do. 

AMDemolition: CPU: AMD FX-8350 w/ Antec KUHLER H20 920, Motherboard:  Gigabyte 990FX UD3-R5, RAM: 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 Mhz., GPU: MSI R9 290 4GB w/ Corsair HG-A1 w/ Corsair H80i Cooler, Case: NZXT H440Storage: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD BlackPSU: Corsair AX760i, Display: Samsung 29" WFHD 2560x1080

ASUS G74SX ROG Laptop: CPU: Intel Core i7 2630MRAM: 2x 4GB 1333 Mhz., 2x 2GB 1333 Mhz., GPU: NVIDIA 560M 2GBStorage:  500GB Samsung 750 EVO, 500GB WD BlackDisplay: 17.3" 1600x900

Wow. I'm blind. I completely missed that heading. I scrolled up and down the front page like 3 times. >_<

I have only noticed it in the browsers. But the BIOS thing says to me the mobo is messed up regardless of the freezing issue. I just figured I would post both to see what I could do. 

I would maybe try re-installing Windows, as I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with your browser performance.  I can't see it being a hardware thing, so it could just be the OS.

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

I would maybe try re-installing Windows, as I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with your browser performance.  I can't see it being a hardware thing, so it could just be the OS.

Well I tried re-installing the OS once, I also tried re-installing, the browsers themselves and my drivers, and any software that can foreseeably effect my NIC. That's why at this point I'm left to assume something hardware because I can't see anything else with software I can change. It's just stressing me out at this point.

Well I tried re-installing the OS once, I also tried re-installing, the browsers themselves and my drivers, and any software that can foreseeably effect my NIC. That's why at this point I'm left to assume something hardware because I can't see anything else with software I can change. It's just stressing me out at this point.

You could try buying a PCI NIC, or borrowing one from a friend to see if that makes any difference.

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

I may just mark this as solved and delete the text or something so I can post it in the correct subforum..

You could try buying a PCI NIC, or borrowing one from a friend to see if that makes any difference.

That's not bad, I can't believe I haven't done that yet. I'm a space cake >_<. I think I might be able to find a PCI NIC or something around to try. I mean, if it is the NICs on the board then at least that should give me some sort of idea. I have to see what I can dig up tonight. I don't have many parts laying around to swap, but I might have one of those. Or at least a USB wireless card or something.