Single sound card output, looking for ways to use both speakers and headphones (at separate times)

gonvres

Probably seems like a bit of a daft request but I can't work out a practical sollution.

I have a motherboard with a single 3.55mm audio output for the sound, which I have plugged into a set of speakers. But I would also like to output from the motherboard to a set of headphones. 

The obvious answer seems "Use the front headphone jack" but because my case has the headphone jack at the top and the tower is up on a table it bends the input from the headphones at a right angle if you want to do that, which doesn't seem very good long term.

What I was hoping on being able to do is run a male to female output from the soundcard but as it only has one output... currently going to the speakers this doesn't seem plausible. Is it possible to split the output from the motherboard in some way?

I'm completely ok with buying a sound card if this solves my problems. Nothing high end, it just needs to be as good as the stock asus card. 

Program called virtual audio cable.

Not really what I'm after. I'm literally just looking for a way to split the single 3.5mm output from the sound card to two sources, one to a set of speakers, the other to headphones. Just literally some form of splitter cable or something.