Good mouse and keyboard combo?

ThatFatMan1911

So I'm thinking about the Steelseries Apex gaming keyboard (not the mechanical version) and a Roccat Kone...price isn't an issue for me. So is this a good combo?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Considering you can get a mechanical keyboard for that amount, I'd go mechanical. Unless of course you desperately want RGB and tons of macros. Otherwise, I'd just get a Cooler Master Quickfire/Corsair K70/K95 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Considering you can get a mechanical keyboard for that amount, I'd go mechanical. Unless of course you desperately want RGB and tons of macros. Otherwise, I'd just get a Cooler Master Quickfire/Corsair K70/K95 

That's the thing, I've been using a MacBook for years now. I'm not use to mechanical keys but I use them at school. I don't really know if I like one over the other so that's why I was asking about the Steelseries keyboard...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

That's the thing, I've been using a MacBook for years now. I'm not use to mechanical keys but I use them at school. I don't really know if I like one over the other so that's why I was asking about the Steelseries keyboard...

The steelseries board is still quite expensive considering it's using membrane switches -- something like a Cooler Master Devastator would be a much more sensible choice. And as someone who has been using just chiclet keyboards for the last 6~ years, I can tell you right now....I pretty much hate typing on my mac nowadays after having gotten used to my MX Reds, and now even more so after getting used to my MX Clears. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The steelseries board is still quite expensive considering it's using membrane switches -- something like a Cooler Master Devastator would be a much more sensible choice. And as someone who has been using just chiclet keyboards for the last 6~ years, I can tell you right now....I pretty much hate typing on my mac nowadays after having gotten used to my MX Reds, and now even more so after getting used to my MX Clears. 

Well I hate how loud mechanical keys are. They say to use o-rings? I don't know how much of a difference those make or how much they cost...

Well I hate how loud mechanical keys are. They say to use o-rings? I don't know how much of a difference those make or how much they cost...

O-rings are pretty cheap, and my clears are actually quieter than non-mechanical switches. Key switches, mechanical and non (excluding blues and greens) are loud because the key is bottomed out (hits the backplate). Mechanical keys, however, have actuation points above the bottom out point, and you can therefore type almost silently on a mechanical keyboard. Now, I find myself hitting the keys pretty hard -- and therefore my reds and browns are both fairly loud as I'm constantly bottoming out all the keys; my clears however are a different story as they're much heavier to actuate and therefore I don't always bottom them out, and when I do they're much quieter due to them hitting the backplate at a much slower speed. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

O-rings are pretty cheap, and my clears are actually quieter than non-mechanical switches. Key switches, mechanical and non (excluding blues and greens) are loud because the key is bottomed out (hits the backplate). Mechanical keys, however, have actuation points above the bottom out point, and you can therefore type almost silently on a mechanical keyboard. Now, I find myself hitting the keys pretty hard -- and therefore my reds and browns are both fairly loud as I'm constantly bottoming out all the keys; my clears however are a different story as they're much heavier to actuate and therefore I don't always bottom them out, and when I do they're much quieter due to them hitting the backplate at a much slower speed. 

Then I guess it's back to the drawing board. 1. Great mechanical keyboard that has a blue backlight with MX Red switches. 2. Where to get o-rings for the keyboard.