NZXT Kraken x41 for GPU

I just picked up a kraken x41 and a g10 bracket to cool my asus gtx 770 graphics card. Is there a need for additional thermal paste when you are using this to cool a GPU?

you will need to clean off the thermal paste after removing the stock heatsink. and if the kraken doesnt have any pre applied then yes. although if its not pre applied the kraken comes with some most likely 

I just picked up a ktaken x41 and a g10 bracket to cool my asus gtx 770 graphics card. Is there a need for additional thermal paste when you are using this to cool a GPU?

No, if the kraken comes with the thermal paste already in the box... Remember to clean the previous one ^^

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Thanks for the quick respouses. I was aware there was some preapplied but a few Google searches shook my confidence. I'll go ahead and install it as is after removing the paste from the previous cooler. Thanks again!

Remember that these AIOs have TIM pre-applied as intended for a CPU IHS, not a bare GPU die that varies a lot in size. I always recommend cleaning off the pre-applied TIM and putting your own on the GPU.

This is what I did, I thought it was a better way to go about it. Plus I got the reassurance that my bought Thermal paste was non-conductive, where as you really don't know what is one some AIO units. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Remember that these AIOs have TIM pre-applied as intended for a CPU IHS, not a bare GPU die that varies a lot in size. I always recommend cleaning off the pre-applied TIM and putting your own on the GPU.

Oh hush, it works just as well..

He has a point, unlike the CPU core the GPU has much area to cover. But generally all the AIO come with a very spread out shape so it shouldn't be an issue. However it took me a few tries to actually my pump block so the stock paste may end up getting a bit "wrecked". 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

This based on what, exactly? I have mounted several AIOs so far on different CPU IHS as well as bare GPU dies and the pre-applied TIM pattern is not a one size, fits all magic solution. Even with CPUs, more often than not I got a better TIM spread when I apply TIM myself. I would much rather see AIOs come with a tube of TIM- it isn't very expensive on an OEM scale and helps with multiple mounts.

This based on what, exactly? I have mounted several AIOs so far on different CPU IHS as well as bare GPU dies and the pre-applied TIM pattern is not a one size, fits all magic solution. Even with CPUs, more often than not I got a better TIM spread when I apply TIM myself. I would much rather see AIOs come with a tube of TIM- it isn't very expensive on an OEM scale and helps with multiple mounts.

It's the idea that pre-applied paste is worthless, no it's not.

It's the idea that pre-applied paste is worthless, no it's not.

Oh, I agree with you there. In fact, I am fairly confident that the TIM on the Corsair AIOs is one of best out there. I think it's based off one of the Shin Etsu x23 greases unless I am mistaken. This is another reason I was asking about tubes instead so we could see for ourself.

This was the first time I installed a watercooler myself, I was surprised when I first started my pc and it sounded like I had turned on a waterfall, not quiet like my previous water cooler. Does it take time for the air to settle in the radiators like was suggested to me? Or is there something wrong with my coolers?