Gaming Workstation, Opinions

MzCatieB

im overhauling my computer through out the year and i though i would get some feedback from you guys.

The system is setup for sustained 3d graphics rendering (24+ hours) whilst staying as cool as possible and stable... Also gaming

Primary components:

CPU:                          Intel i7-5820k

Motherboard:             Asus Rampage V Extreme X99

RAM:                         Corsair Vengeance Lpx Black 16gb DDR4 2133mhz

CPU cooler:               Corsair Hydro H105 (Temporary cooler)

Case:                         CoolerMaster HAF Stacker

PSU:                          Corsair AX1200i

Storage:

SSD:                          Samsung 850 pro 256gb (boot drive)

HDD:                         WD Green 5tb

Graphics:

GPU:                         GTX 980 4gb (3/4 not yet decided)

Liquid cooling setup:

Blocks:                      CPU, GPU#s, Motherboard

Radiators:                 Radiator box in a HAF Stacker 915F & Front of the main case

am i missing anything?

Character artist in the Games industry.

im overhauling my computer through out the year and i though i would get some feedback from you guys.

The system is setup for sustained 3d graphics rendering (24+ hours) whilst staying as cool as possible and stable... Also gaming

Primary components:

CPU:                          Intel i7-5820k

Motherboard:             Asus Rampage V Extreme X99

RAM:                         Corsair Vengeance Lpx Black 16gb DDR4 2133mhz

CPU cooler:               Corsair Hydro H105 (Temporary cooler)

Case:                         CoolerMaster HAF Stacker

PSU:                          Corsair AX1200i

Storage:

SSD:                          Samsung 850 pro 256gb (boot drive)

HDD:                         WD Green 5tb

Graphics:

GPU:                         GTX 980 4gb (3/4 not yet decided)

Liquid cooling setup:

Blocks:                      CPU, GPU#s, Motherboard

Radiators:                 Radiator box in a HAF Stacker 915F & Front of the main case

am i missing anything?

What's your budget and location? I highly suggest against the HAF Stacker. I also feel you could likely do better. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Maybe get 2 WD green and put them in RAID 1? 

@Pixxie_Payne what program(s) are you using for the 3D rendering? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

What's your budget and location? I highly suggest against the HAF Stacker. I also feel you could likely do better. 

Budget is undecided at the moment as i plan to get the parts over the next few months.

And the reason why i have chosen the stacker is mostly down to the budget and the potential behind it.

However what case would you recommend?

The plan is to expand the Storage later on

Budget is undecided at the moment as i plan to get the parts over the next few months.

And the reason why i have chosen the stacker is mostly down to the budget and the potential behind it.

However what case would you recommend?

The plan is to expand the Storage later on

Ah so you build kind of like I do, Build as you have the money right? I would suggest a different case, something like the Define R5, or 750D Perhaps. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Ah so you build kind of like I do, Build as you have the money right? I would suggest a different case, something like the Define R5, or 750D Perhaps. 

The cases are WAY to small for what i need... you need to consider that the GPU's will be sat at 100% for hours and even days at a time Rendering 3d graphics

The cases are WAY to small for what i need... you need to consider that the GPU's will be sat at 100% for hours and even days at a time Rendering 3d graphics

You have one GPU listed. How many were you thinking of having?

@Pixxie_Payne what program(s) are you using for the 3D rendering? 

Blender 3D using Cycles... and UE4

You have one GPU listed. How many were you thinking of having?

3 or 4... but no less than 3

3 or 4... but no less than 3

Why do you go with something like a Titan Black for gaming / rendering and grab a Quadro exclusively for rendering? That way you have high compute performance when rendering with both cards, but when you want to game, you just use the Titan? 

Why do you go with something like a Titan Black for gaming / rendering and grab a Quadro exclusively for rendering? That way you have high compute performance when rendering with both cards, but when you want to game, you just use the Titan? 

im limited to £600 a month... otherwise im liable to spend what i have saved so...

Holy shite.... Can I have one? Lol

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

im limited to £600 a month... otherwise im liable to spend what i have saved so...

I meant to say "Why don't you" So do you roughly have 600 Pounds a month of disposable income? Or 600 pounds a month total income?

I meant to say "Why don't you" So do you roughly have 600 Pounds a month of disposable income? Or 600 pounds a month total income?

i have £700 a month of disposable income...

i have £700 a month of disposable income...

Damn. I'm Jealous. '

Is there any way you could do two separate rigs? That would even be better? Like do you have the space for it? Having a rig for work and for play would be better than having just one computer. At least that's what i'd suggest. 

Damn. I'm Jealous. '

Is there any way you could do two separate rigs? That would even be better? Like do you have the space for it? Having a rig for work and for play would be better than having just one computer. At least that's what i'd suggest. 

im limited to a small footprint... thats why the Stacker is perfect for what i need it for

im limited to a small footprint... thats why the Stacker is perfect for what i need it for

Alright well let's see what you can do then. 

If you grabbed the HAF Stacker. What you could do is grab the Main 935 module, and the 915R. Build your gaming computer in the 915R, and your rendering  computer in the 935? That's always an Idea. 

Alright well let's see what you can do then. 

If you grabbed the HAF Stacker. What you could do is grab the Main 935 module, and the 915R. Build your gaming computer in the 915R, and your rendering  computer in the 935? That's always an Idea. 

i need it for work... so separating out the build just wastes effort and money... if i want to play games whilst rendering i can just go on my ps4 or xbo