Worth changing my PSU?

th3kingsofkings

Hi guys i need your help on deciding whether it is worth changing my psu now. 

I currently have an XFX pro core edition 850w psu that is 80+ bronze power supply and non modular.

I was thinking of changing to evga supernova 850w g2 psu which has 80+ gold and is fully modular.

There is no particular reason right now to change my psu, but i felt that i mite as well upgrade since i'm doing a small upgrade for my system.

So what do you guys think should i stay with psu for now and then wait for a bigger upgrade to change my psu or just change it now?

Well unless you decide on getting 3x 980s or 3x 290xs you're ok . But if you got the money to spend and nothing else to buy ( ssd , gpu , ram ) go for it

If you've got money to spend now I don't see why not... 

Gives you more money to spend on your "bigger update".

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Since you don't have a beast PC, i guess you are just fine. First of all, you need an SSD :P

BTW i wonder why are you thinking this. The PSU upgrade is the most "boring" upgrade xD   It's extremely important to have a good quality PSU, but in this case you already have a trusty PSU with enough wattage to power two or three 7970s

Thank you all for the quick reply, i really appreciate and your advice is very helpful  :D

Since you don't have a beat PC, i guess you are just fine. First of all, you need an SSD :P

Oh yeah.

I personally really like my Supernova 850, but I really don't see the need for you to change. Because it really is only a sidegrade unless the nonmodularity of your cables are impeding airflow in your case.

But even then, like theodro suggested, get a SSD.Biggest quality of life upgrade you can make.