what the 24pin?

killaDZA

So i'm trying to learn about hardware to begin with. Got a brand new Dell t1700 for WAY to cheap (not complaining, its a statement) It has a 365w PSU stock (80 plus gold) again, not complaining, but i wanted to replace the quadro k600( not even sure i needed to) but anyway. I had been thinking about replacing the PSU to accommodate a new vcard but decided to just get a 750ti. I'm thanking god that i did now...

and here comes my question, because as i'm looking around my mob trying to learn about the connections/wiring etc...i couldn't find a 24pin connector that every video/tutorial was mentioning. Come to find out...Dell is too cool/lame for 24pin. So what exactly is going on? is there a converter? Is this just to make people buy Dell components? IS it better/worse?

2nd question

I'm almost at the point of buying a new mobo and stripping this for parts! i mean i'll list what i would be able to pull below...not too bad right? for 300$ I mean the monitor alone is about that at retail!  What do you guys think about that idea? 

Again, got this complete t1700 (mini tower) in the box with the monitor, a 24" hd1920x1080@60hz (p2414hb) all for 300$

i5 4690 (intel c226 chipset)

256gb samsung 2.5" SSD

1tb seagate barracuda 6gb/s HDD

quadro k600 (replaced with vega 750ti +156mhz clock, sc, 2gb, gpu boost 2.0)

16gb ram

windows 7 and 8.1

there HAS to be a 24pin in your mobo it wont work without power u know? :D

Pictures would help ;)

as for the build:

its decent why would you change that? i'd have gone with a stronger gpu and sapped that psu for something bigger due to that. and what do you mean by getting a new mobo? if you gotta build it back into the mini tower you schuld make shure that the new mobo fits formfactor-wise. some dells prebuild pcs come with custom mobo formafactors and layouts

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

Maybe take a picture of the innards so we can see what it really looks like in there.

Makes identifying parts a whole lot easier ;)

But as mentioned before, your PC will definitely have a 20 or 24 pin Motherboard connector.