Swiftech H220x with stock or aftermarket fans?

Go to solution Solved by VSG,

I wouldn't really bother with the NF-F12 since the performance would be a dip as well, along with noise. What you need are fans that provide the same, if not better airflow through the MCR220QP style radiator in there, at lower noise. Look at something like the EK Vardar F3/F4 fans, or possibly the NB eLoop B12-3/4. If you are open to eBay/server retailers, then look also at 2000 RPM 3/4-pin fans from Delta and Sanyo Denki.

Alternatively, you can run the stock fans and pump at 60-75% PWM signal and call it a day.

Hi guys!

I was just wondering if the stock fans on the Swiftech H220-X are decent fans or if I should get aftermarket fans, like for example some Noctua NF-F12 fans?

My goal is effective and silent cooling and my case is a NZXT H440.

Thanks in advance!  :)

I wouldn't really bother with the NF-F12 since the performance would be a dip as well, along with noise. What you need are fans that provide the same, if not better airflow through the MCR220QP style radiator in there, at lower noise. Look at something like the EK Vardar F3/F4 fans, or possibly the NB eLoop B12-3/4. If you are open to eBay/server retailers, then look also at 2000 RPM 3/4-pin fans from Delta and Sanyo Denki.

Alternatively, you can run the stock fans and pump at 60-75% PWM signal and call it a day.

Alright, I'll look into it. 

Thanks for the help and info!  ;)

Remember, even if you want to go noctua, there are different fan variants. The nf-f12 are pressure optimized and a good near heatsinks and tight areas, they will work for your config, but is not worth it for the value in this case. Their are others optimized for airflow instead and focus more on pulling as much air through as possible as quick as possible.

Honestly though, the stock fans are decent and quiet and you might not need to replace it unless you are having issues later down the line.

Also, @Fredykroeger

It will help you to keep track of your topics and responses on them if you follow the topic on the upper right hand corner; otherwise, you only get notifications when quoted, liked or referenced.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Remember, even if you want to go noctua, there are different fan variants. The nf-f12 are pressure optimized and a good near heatsinks and tight areas, they will work for your config, but is not worth it for the value in this case. Their are others optimized for airflow instead and focus more on pulling as much air through as possible as quick as possible.

Honestly though, the stock fans are decent and quiet and you might not need to replace it unless you are having issues later down the line.

Also, @Fredykroeger

It will help you to keep track of your topics and responses on them if you follow the topic on the upper right hand corner; otherwise, you only get notifications when quoted, liked or referenced.

Yeah I'll probably stick with the stock fans and only think of a replacement if I run into any issues.

And thanks, I'll do that. I'm not used to posting on forums sorry. :P

Yeah I'll probably stick with the stock fans and only think of a replacement if I run into any issues.

And thanks, I'll do that. I'm not used to posting on forums sorry. :P

No worries, makes it easier for you to read the replies for your post.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

• 1 year later...

Also, @Fredykroeger

Hello, I just recently got the H220-x coupled with a i7 6700k.

It is true that the stock configuration does a great job with temperatures and noise but I do have a couple of NF-F12 PWM fans laying around from my last build.

So, if i already own them, should i use them and replace the stock fans? 

Thank you!

Hello, I just recently got the H220-x coupled with a i7 6700k.

It is true that the stock configuration does a great job with temperatures and noise but I do have a couple of NF-F12 PWM fans laying around from my last build.

So, if i already own them, should i use them and replace the stock fans? 

Thank you!

If you really wish to, feel free; however, if it isn't needed then you might as well just leave it as is. I'd say just wait until you need to clean your rig and when you are doing that, go ahead and make the change then so you won't go out of your way.

Still new, but learning